Closed my Thread

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by ChucklesG21, Feb 14, 2010.

1. ChucklesG21

ChucklesG21 CCW'ing a 21

I started a thread asking if anyone has used Herter's ammo that Cabela's sells in bulk. After about 30 minutes I went back to see if there were any responses and it is closed. Why?

2. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

I'm guessing it's because you posted a thread about ammunition in the General Glocking forum. If you go here:

http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php

you'll see a quick description of most of the forums, including this one:

"General Glocking
    This forum is for the discussion of Glock pistols, accessories or issues directly related to Glocks. Please help keep this forum on-topic."

There has been a real problem with threads being started in the wrong forums lately, and despite many announcements and warnings, the problems have persisted. Rather than continuing to move threads over and over again, the owner decided to simply close off-topic threads, in the hopes that folks would get the message and modify their behavior.

The best forum match for the thread you posted is probably the Caliber Corner forum, which can be found at the link I posted above, or through the drop-down Forum Jump menu at the bottom of each page.

3. ChucklesG21

ChucklesG21 CCW'ing a 21

Thanks for the explanation, still a noobie around here. I'll try to determine the proper location for my posts in the future. I actually searched for a while and found some threads on the topic, kinda figured it was closed as it's basically a repeat thread.