Glock Talk banner

Clive Cussler

1642 Views 20 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Lesh
I've seen Clive's books out for many years but never picked one up before. I've just read "Lost City" and "Black Wind" (he co-authored both.) Pretty good reading, I just went out and picked up a couple more - "Sahara" and "Inca Gold" - both Dirk Pitt adventures. I see where Sahara has been made into a movie, will have to rent it after I finish the book.

Looks like I found a new "favorite" author.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
his non-fiction stuff about finding famous shipwrecks, including his most famous adventure, the finding of the Confederate submarine Hunley. Another book by a couple of Charleston writers, "The Raising of the Hunley", is also a good read, and Cussler's role is well documented from a pen other than his own.

Yes, his fictional stuff is repetitive. So is W.E.B. Griffin's-- but I still enjoy them.

BTW-- I visited the site where they were doing the archeological/restoration work on the Hunley. Absolutely stunning to see her after so many years of conjecture about what she looked like, her specs, etc. Too bad they can't do the same for the Monitor, which was in far worse shape for recovery ops.

· Registered
51 Posts
a real site-- an old warehouse, I think in the old Naval Station. You can actually go to Charleston and visit in person, and watch them work on her. When we went, they had not finished emptying the inside of the sub of the silt that had filled her up. Since then, they recovered the remains of the crewmen and are trying to figure out where the sub will be permanently displayed. Lotta state and local politics involved. Maybe some GT'er from that area can update us.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.