Clipdraw

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by GlockPreacher, Jan 12, 2010.

1. GlockPreacher

GlockPreacher

2. mrbray101

mrbray101

Basic consensus is that carrying with the trigger exposed with a round in the chamber is a bad idea. Carry unchambered, sure, but why not be prepared if you need to use the gun?

Clip draw will work but nothing can replace a quality belt and holster. Search for this subject, its been beat to death.

3. K720

K720

I have a clipdraw on my G-27 and it's great. In fact, thanks for including a link to their site so I can order one for a different handgun that I also have.

4. Ryobi

Ryobi SummertimeRules

Very true. Poor plan A.

5. Navitimer

Navitimer

Clipdraws are fine if you carry without one in the chamber; however as others have mentioned that's not typically the best plan for personal defense. Just my $0.02.

6. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

What is the deal with ebay's prohibition of even a PHOTO of a gun??? That's just WEIRD!

PS... I think a clip is fine for a ballpoint pen, but a GUN??? I don't think it looks any better than "Mexican carry."

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  7. David Armstrong

David Armstrong

The clip-draw, or some variation of it, has been around for quite while. Some folks like it, some hate it. I've used them on several of my guns. As for the chamber empty thing, that might be an issue with some guns and some people, it isn't with others. I've never had a gun go off that way and have never heard of one. Bad gunhandling will get the trigger pulled holster or not.

8. mike28w

mike28w

Clip draw combined with the Saf T blok ( as suggested on their website). I like this alot on my Glock 26.

Clipdraw alone on my H&K p7 squeeze cocker. In select situations, I think this set up can be useful. One needs to very, very aware of trigger safety .

9. NH Trucker

NH Trucker Needs coffee...

I've had them on a couple of Glocks, a G21sf and a G23. It works, but it does move around in your waistband and if you lean towards the side you're carrying when you're sitting, it could come up and out of your waistband and out of your pants. Definately not something you want happening in public. As far as the trigger being exposed, neither of mine have accidentally gone off, but it does have a warning on it stating that it's not for use in the ready to fire condition. I had to take mine off though because it interfered with an IWB holster that I just bought. If you're looking for a cheap, although not really secure alternative to an IWB holster, it'll work. It's worked for me for a few years. I just switched because I wanted something a little more secure and comfortable.

10. geronimo509

geronimo509

If you run while using the clipdraw it has a great chance of falling out and rolling around on the ground (don't ask how I know). It has zero retention compared to most IWB holsters. I loved it at first because it was so easy to just slip a gun on and go out the door, but in the long run it is not worth the risk. Get something like this and it will carry the gun much better. http://armory.jsholsters.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=2060 and you can tighten it to make it a little harder to come out. Money back guarantee is good too.

I urge people not to use clipdraw just because of my experience. .02cents, take it or leave it.

11. grumpybutt

grumpybutt

I alternate carrying two .40s, both have Clip-draws on them, never use my Don Hume anymore. An yes they are carried chambered and unlocked, "you goota know your limitations", I consider it safe carry. :cool:

12. 18jms

18jms I love Guns

I use clipdraw on my glock 26 and the universal clipdraw with adhesive tape, both work great. I have never had them wiggle around on my belt or fall out. Theres a trigger guard cover thats sold that helps if you want to carry loaded.

I don't recommend safe t blok, because you have to adjust a nylon screw on it to keep it tight behind the trigger. Too tight and the nylon screw deforms.

13. mrbray101

mrbray101

I just do not understand how an exposed trigger slippin around in the pants can be considered safe carry. What if you have to run or fall down, seems like the firearm could go any where. There are nice holsters on the market that are not that uncomfortable.

14. deadday

deadday

I'm sure there are about 20 threads on this very topic if you run a search here....and in each thread you'll see the same people for it, the same against it, and the same arguments. People tend to forget that firearms don't just 'go off'. An effort has to be made to discharge the firearm. Now, I don't know about you guys, but there is no appendage anywhere on my waistline capable of fitting inside the trigger guard of any pistol I own and depressing the trigger to discharge it.

15. deadday

deadday

Yup can definately go anywhere...anywhere within about an inch of where you left it. The clip is sturdy. Does your pocket knife 'go anywhere' during the day? Mine doesn't, it stays right where I put it, and so does my pistol with the ClipDraw.

16. mrbray101

mrbray101

My knife doesn't weigh nearly 2 pounds. I know about trigger safety, obviously keep your finger off the trigger but what if something gets hung on the trigger? Seems like there is always controversy on the clip draw threads with people defending all the negative aspects of it.

I don't see anything negative about a quality holster, other than it may take a few seconds to put on rather than just sliding the gun into the waistband.

It just seems logical not to handle a loaded gun outside of a holster unless you are unloading it or using it. If a clip draw works for you than so be it. I'm not against you using it.

17. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

Plus it seems (to me) that a gun, without any kind of holster, inside the waistband would be quite UNcomfortable. Just my perception. YMMV.

I also agree about the major difference in weight between a folding knife and even a subcompact Glock, as it relates to being held in place by a clip.

18. deadday

deadday

:wavey:

19. deadday

deadday

:wavey:

20. mrbray101

mrbray101

I agree with you that while inside the pants with a belt on the gun will not fire. Its the random things that may happen that I would be more worried about, plus the fact I don't really like a loaded gun unholstered.

Just personal preferences I guess.:cheers: