Clipdraw for Glocks

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TheGreatFuzzMan, Sep 3, 2005.

1. TheGreatFuzzMan

TheGreatFuzzMan Glock Addict

Does anyone have experience with this device? It is a clip that can be installed on your glock so you can tuck it in your pants, shorts, etc., and the clip goes on the outside of the clothing. It seems like a great idea for cases where you may not want a holster.. But i'm wondering if the design might block an extracted round from ejecting completely. If you look at the length, it goes past the ejection port. The clip can be mounted on either side of the slide, but I would think mounting it on the right (ejection port side) would be the most common. Any info is appreciated.

www.clipdraw.com

2. SlammedDime

SlammedDime G23 Member

There are some for it, and many against it. I'm part of the latter group. I prefer a holster that covers the trigger guard. Specially of a glock that has no external safety. There are many a threads if you search GT with the phrase Clip Draw.

3. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

Fuzz,

I haven't tried one, neither have most folks here. If you use it, don't carry a round in the chamber, as anything accidentally snagging the trigger would ruin your day.

As far as reliability, I don't know. My guess is that they don't stop the empty case from ejecting.. Have you called the folks at the website that is selling them? That's the first place to ask.

Koski

4. atmarcella

atmarcella

the problem w/ the clip holster that you posted is it makes racking the slide to chamber a round difficult, i've used and have the one jentra makes, click:

http://www.jentraplug.com/theklip.htm

5. csay

csay

Personally, I like Clipdraws. I've used the one that is specifically made for Glocks. It comes with a replacement slide cover plate(that's what they call it)that is tapped for mounting the clipdraw. It is very secure this way. The other option is the universal clipdraw that mounts with some sort of adhesive tape. It is also secure, but the clip itself is a little small. Doesn't seem to stay put like the Glock model does. I've used both, and neither interfere with ejection. Not to be used with a round chambered, unless you're ok with self castration if the gun fires. I like the product a lot, but I really like to carry with a round chambered. In a self defense situation you likely will not have time to worked the slide and chamber a round.

6. Hobear

Hobear

Seems to me to be a solution without a problem. ($.02)

7. G27dogmannfl

G27dogmannfl

carry a gun without a round in the chamber? then why carry? ;z