close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Clip Knife

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by lsmountainman, Mar 4, 2010.

1. lsmountainman

lsmountainman

Hey guys, who carries a little clip knife, like a Spyderco, and what model?

2. Patchman

Patchman Florist

Off duty? I've carried for the past 5 years or so an Al Mar Ospry or something named after a bird. Anyway, it has a semi-serrated 3-inch blade. At one time I just carried a Spyderco Ladybug.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010

3. lsmountainman

lsmountainman

I am looking to carry something on duty, in my pocket or sap pocket

4. Patchman

Patchman Florist

In that case, a Smith & Wesson rescue knife on the belt and a Cold Steel Voyager (?) in pants pocket.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  5. MeefZah

MeefZah Cover is Code 3

I think it about impossible to carry a better knife for the money than a Spyderco.

I have a Delica (smaller version) which I carry off duty and on EMS; and a Endura (pretty big folder) which I carry on duty in my weak side back pocket. They are both very slender knives and have changeable clips so you can tailor the carry postion. Good quality and good customer service (like free sharpenings).

I also like, for the money, the Kershaw line.

I had a nice benchmade auto I got in a trade a year or so ago, but it never did much for me.

6. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

Kershaw Tactical Blur

[​IMG]

Benchmade Mel Pardue 350

[​IMG]

7. telecster

telecster

I have a Doug Ritter RSKMk1 yellow mini made by Benchmade. Not cheap but it is worth it.

8. lsmountainman

lsmountainman

Thanks, great ideas. I don't think I want much bigger than a 4" closed knife...there are so many knives no Spyderco's website that I can't narrow it down...I may have to just go in to window shop.

9. PTRJason

PTRJason

I carry a Smith and Wesson SWAT that I got in about 99 I think. Needs to be sharpened badly but it will still cut sometime, okay maybe if I use it as a saw but it looks all worn and pretty in my SAP pocket. :whistling: I also carry a Leatherman SuperTool that I also had since about 99 and no matter how much abuse I put that thing through it still looks new and is sharp as the day I got it.

10. Line Rider

Line Rider

I carry a Spyderco Rescue 93mm. This in my second rescue with the FRN handle. If I had to replace it, I'd get a Endra 4 FRN.

11. Bruce M

Bruce M

12. GunFighter45ACP

GunFighter45ACP

I prefer Spyderco, too. When in uniform, I carried the "Police" model. Now that I'm in civvies/plain clothes, I carry the 3" version. I don't remember the model name, I just call it the "Mini Me", because it's the same, just smaller.

13. Sgt127

Sgt127

I carried a Spyderco for many years. For the last 6 years or so, I have carried a Chris Reeve Sebenza. Only because I really like high end knives. Anything Spyderco makes is a great piece of equipment and will serve you well.

And, I carry it in the front of my waistband, just a little to the right of my centerline. I can get to it with either hand and, I can protect it. You are a little limited in how big a knife you can carry there, I think the Police model is a little too long to be comfortable.

I see more Officers carrying a knife in thier sap pocket now than ever before, I think thats a horrible idea. For one thing, you can only reach it with one hand. Number two, everybody knows that attached to that little clip is a knife....like, the wife, girlfriend or drunk buddy of the guy that you are fighting with. Your hands are too busy to defend yourself against somebody walking up behind you and grabbing that knife. I have enough to worry about them coming up with a weapon of thier own, it would really piss me off if they stabbed me with my own knife. Please reconsider carrying there.

14. Tactical black

Tactical black

Can you get it on a airplane :rofl::rofl:

15. Patchman

Patchman Florist

Back in the day, when a friend graduated from the FBI Academy I gave him a full sized, all metal Spyderco "Police" model that was engraved with "FBI S.A. Joe Smith" and the academy class. The knife was large enough to fit all that information, but also too large for everyday carry.

16. Patchman

Patchman Florist

Agreed. In the sap pocket I carry my slash-resistant gloves.

17. Straight Pipe

Straight Pipe

S&W Extreme Ops (switch-blade)

18. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

I've got a S&W Extreme Ops in mu right leg sap pocket (for shame, I know) and a Ka-Bar TDI on my left side (opposite my gun) which is almost completely camoflauged due to the huge pepper spray can I've got on my duty belt. The folder is for mundane chores, the TDI is of those "oh ****" moments when someone has a hand on my gun. Seems to work for me.

19. silverado_mick

silverado_mick

Big +1 on the Kershaw Blur Tanto! Can't say enough great things about their product, or the company. Customer service is nothing short of outstanding, and that's high praise coming from a guy who finds a reason to ***** about everything.

I carry one of those in my right front slash pocket and a Spyderco Endura that's had the tip broken off in my left cargo pocket.

20. wjv

wjv Zip It Stan Lee.. . .

With the Spyderco you can do the 5 cent, 60 second WAVE modification. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_j0faINYW4