close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Clinicals finally..

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Another Miller, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Another Miller

Another Miller prankster

I got a letter confirming I will get to start RN clinicals fall 2010! Its been a very long wait and hopefully I havent forgotten everything, its been 3 years just waiting around. I almost gave up on it.

I need to get CPR,which I let expire. I normally carry it every year but ran low on funds this last year. Its easy enough to do. I also need to renew my STNA this month. A DR friend of mine is going to let me do that sometime this month.

Goodbye minimum wage and security guard job, volunteering at nursing homes. Hello better life.

2. k9medic

k9medic

How in the world do they do the RN program in Ohio?

My wife is in her second semester of RN school and started her clinicals in her second month. She does clinicals 2 days/ week and class the other 3. She was offered an RN position and got a scholarship to attend before she even started the program.

3. Another Miller

Another Miller prankster

The school im at requires all the health sciences completed first,an entrance exam to be put on a list. GPA has nothing to do with who gets picked on the list.

I believe clinicals runs 2 years.

4. geminicricket

geminicricket NRA Life member

Congratulations.

But waiting 3 years?

5. Nicky D

Nicky D CLM

Wow, that is a weird set up but congratulations on getting in. Good luck with your clinical. Now is that all you have to do? Do you also have nursing classes or is it just the clinical piece? Curious as to how your program works, it sounds very different from what my program was.

6. k9medic

k9medic

Very interesting. Here in FL , you do your prereq's and then apply for the RN program. Once accepted, you go to school for 5 semesters and do it all at once.

Best of luck.

7. Another Miller

Another Miller prankster

I am done with everthing i.e , chemistry,anatomy,ect.

Next I will be taking just nursing stuff, the clinicals.X number of months spent on geriatrics,x number spent on psychiatrics, ect. Its an associates of nursing but an accelerated RN program.

3 years,yup.The list was quite long when I got on it and they can only take 100 students at a time.I volunteerd with hospice during that time,it wasnt a requirement.It was just something I enjoyed doing.

8. community

community Member

congrats and best wishes.

9. DriBak

DriBak GUNS UP Millennium Member

Lots of good info at www.allnurses.com. I completed my ADN in '95 and my BSN in '08

10. nursetim

nursetim

Welcome to the family. Don't let the vets cannibalize you. If you have questions most of the nurses here will be glad to lend a hand or ear.

11. groundhawg

groundhawg

if you havent looked into it yet, try to be an stna at a place that will reimburse your tuition. plenty of hospitals do that and then you have a job waiting for you after passing boards and you dont have to worry about student loans. take it from somebody who didnt do it that way and wished they had..........

12. Kozel

Kozel

Yeah, those nursing programs have crazy waiting times. Everybody wants to be a nurse now days. My wife got into a RN program that only takes thirteen students per year. They had more than 300 applications!