Climate Change Strike Today??

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by FullClip, Sep 20, 2019.

1. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

Anybody gonna' save the planet today by walking off the job or out of school?? Figure I'll do my part by either go play golf or fishing as we've got a little bit of summer weather here in mid-September..PROOF that climate change is REAL!!

Global climate change strike - Live updates
    https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/global-climate-change-strike-today-2019-09-20-live-updates/

• Millions of people are expected to skip school and work around the world today to protest climate change.
    • They are demanding "an end to the age of fossil fuels."
    • Climate activist Greta Thunberg will participate in the New York City protest.
    Millions of people around the world are expected to walk out of their schools and workplaces Friday to demand urgent action on climate change. The global climate strikes, which are taking place in more than 150 countries, were scheduled ahead of the opening of the United Nations General Assembly and the Climate Action Summit on September 23.

The protests have been organized by young people around the world who are part of the "Fridays for Future" campaign, which has seen students walk out of their schools on Fridays to demand their political leaders take urgent action to address climate change.

"We need to act right now to stop burning fossil fuels and ensure a rapid energy revolution with equity, reparations and climate justice at its heart," organizers say.

Climate activist Greta Thunberg will participate in the protests in New York City, where 1.1 million students have been given permission to skip school to join in.

tuica likes this.
  2. powernoodle

powernoodle

1) little brats grow up without either daddy or discipline, and
    2) 15 years later they are still desperately searching for attention.

"Protesting" fake climate change is the grownup equivalent of a 3 year old throwing a temper tantrum at the grocery store. See me! Feel me! Touch me! Heal me!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHTdrPL22-Y

3. manfred the wonder d

manfred the wonder d

The change has been good for me so far.

4. illrooster132

illrooster132

yeah. I'll join. I want a cooler less humid climate here in Miami. I want to keep the sunny days but not humidity.

5. The_Dan

The_Dan The underscore is silent

I’m going to forward the info to my boss and show up a few minutes late...

Separate thought... we are completing a huge solar panel install this week. The horizontal drilling guys finished yesterday and they should finish the wiring today and actually get the solar power running into the grid. If those guys take the day off is it counterproductive?

PBCounty likes this.
  6. sarge83

sarge83

I drove my V6 truck that gets 15 mpg in the city and I turned my AC down, it was getting hot. Just doing what I can to help...

tuica likes this.
  7. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

Crap, the vegan coop will be closed today...

tuica likes this.
  8. spork

spork Caffeinator

As if these sorts of people even have jobs doing anything other than working at Starbucks or the local vape shop.

pizza_pablo, PBCounty, Berto and 6 others like this.
  9. thewitt

thewitt

I hope none of them drive a fossil fuel burning vehicle or use lights, wear clothes they did not spin the yarn and hand sew themselves, and certainly don't eat any food that came from a grocery store.

That evil fossil fuel thing is going to make their lives miserable after all.

pizza_pablo, treg and tuica like this.
  10. mike from st pe

mike from st pe

A phobia bordering on pathological.
    For 4+ billion years the climate of Earth has vacillated from warm to hot to cool to frozen.
    ALL the carbon on Earth has been here since the rocks all got together to make a planet. Carbon is the 4th most abundant element in the universe and most handy for making the "Building Blocks of Life". Every organism that ever lived endeavored to change its immediate environment more comfortable for the offsprings. Yep 99% are now extinct some for billions of years.
    Can one imagine early plants protesting all the oxygen being put out by photosynthesis is poisoning the planet and altering the climate?

11. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

I may recycle a beer can or two if I think about it.

12. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

Anybody want to guess what happens if all the Apple Store employees walk off the job today in the Manhattan Apple store, with Tim Cook there to celebrate the iPhone 11 launch. :)

Sticky whicket that.

13. OttoLoader

OttoLoader

I am going to increase my carbon footprint. Drive my pickup truck down to the bar later today and shoot some pool.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  14. OttoLoader

OttoLoader

FullClip
    Thanks for starting this thread.
    As I was drinking my coffee this morning, I was wondering what the liberals would be outraged about today.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    tuica and FullClip like this.
  15. Anicius Julianus

Anicius Julianus

"Millions of people around the world are expected to walk out of their schools and workplaces Friday ..."
    Open the Southern border, bring the illegals in, put them in the jobs of those who walk out of their jobs, train them, make them legal, repeat ...

16. M 7

M 7

Gonna celebrate the day as it should be celebrated.

Firing up the charcoal grill ("Free the Carbon!") after I soak it thoroughly with some lighter fluid. Then, I am gonna throw on a couple of large Porterhouse steaks and when their done eat them with my family as we sit in the central A/C that I'll crank down 'til frost blows out the vents.

After that, we'll take the SUV out and just drive through the countryside enjoying the scenery, just 'cause....

mike from st pe, Cmacc and tuica like this.
  17. NMG26

NMG26

I'm gonna take it easy at work today

WeeWilly and FullClip like this.
  18. Dragline

Dragline

I’m gonna go out back and burn some tires.

pizza_pablo, sombunya, treg and 8 others like this.
  19. lazarus66

lazarus66

It's my day off anyway so I'm down with the struggle. Later I will dine at Taco Bell and create a little climate change of my own.

20. flyover

flyover

I think I will go pee in the yard. I might even take the 4 wheeler out and check the cows in the pasture.

M 7, treg, Dragline and 4 others like this.