Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
NRA Member
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I started reloading I went with "dry" brass cleaning...50/50 walnut & corncob plus BB's and Nu Shine.

At some point I decided to try wet cleaning, which I've pretty much stuck with.

Last week I had ~900 pieces of 9mm brass to clean, and for whatever reason I decided to dry clean this batch.

It never entered my mind that part of that batch had been de-primed and some of it wasn't.

After running the brass thru my media tumbler I noticed a piece of brass with a BB stuck in the primer pocket....The light came on and I thought WTH were you thinking.

Using a big magnet, I found about 20 or 25 pieces of brass with a BB stuck in the primer pocket.

Like I said......DON'T BE THIS GUY

·
Registered
21,753 Posts
At least you didn't have a bunch of .40 or 45 brass mixed in with it!

Reactions: jmorris

·
DFC, MSM, 12 Air Medals.
10,190 Posts
Nothing that a sizing die would not take care of.

·
Consummate Reloader
1,402 Posts
I always run brass though the sizer with the decapper after cleaning. Of course, I have a 750 and it doesn't cost me anything to do so. I'm guessing you use a single stage press?

·
NRA Member
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm using a 650.

If I'm going to wet clean I decap all my brass first before cleaning using a tool head with only a Lee Universal depriming die installed.

If I dry clean I just let the Dillon resizing die decap the brass during the reloading session.

In this case, I forgot I had already decapped part of the brass before dry cleaning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts