Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Anti-Federalist
21,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Frank Beltrame 2.0 9″ Ebonywood Bayonet Switchblade. $125

Classic Italian design with decent fit and finish. It won't win any awards today but if you're looking for the best classic stiletto to play around with, this is probably it.

It fires hard and the lock is positive. The woods scales aren't much to write home about and after firing it for a week or two there is some noticeable blade play that can be righted my peening the pins a bit. It came about as sharp as it's expected use... as in "really cool letter opener" sharp. I did a quick reprofile and got acceptable results.

Overall it probably cost more than it's worth, but Frank B is known for building the classic and doing it just like he has from start. The 2.0 version now uses laser cut pieces as opposed to stamp metal but everything else appears to be the same.

Plenty of scale options if you want something beyond The Warriors look.

Anyway here it is...

·
Registered
975 Posts
Cool Classic West Side Story knife.

Every red-blooded American boy needs one of these.

I have a Kissing Crane with stag handles that must be 12" total length(or more)
and has a serpentine blade. So bad. Somewhat duller than "really cool letter-opener"
sharpness. Made in Germany.

Oops. Not a switchblade.

Still a nifty letter-opener.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I purchased this knife about 15-18 years ago. Nice "fairly" inexpensive Stiletto switchblade, I bought it because it reminds me of what I use to carry back in my younger days.
Love the Armando Beltrame (AB) Coltellerie collection, lots of styles and colors to choose from and excellent quality.
10 3/4" over-all length with a 4 3/4" blade

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Unmistakable sounds - The sound of a shotgun when you rack in a round and the sound of a switchblade opening after you hit that button... Ahhh yes, it's the little things in life like that, that put a smile on your face and song in your heart. ;)

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Frank Beltrame 2.0 9″ Ebonywood Bayonet Switchblade. $125

Classic Italian design with decent fit and finish. It won't win any awards today but if you're looking for the best classic stiletto to play around with, this is probably it.

It fires hard and the lock is positive. The woods scales aren't much to write home about and after firing it for a week or two there is some noticeable blade play that can be righted my peening the pins a bit. It came about as sharp as it's expected use... as in "really cool letter opener" sharp. I did a quick reprofile and got acceptable results.

Overall it probably cost more than it's worth, but Frank B is known for building the classic and doing it just like he has from start. The 2.0 version now uses laser cut pieces as opposed to stamp metal but everything else appears to be the same.

Plenty of scale options if you want something beyond The Warriors look.

Anyway here it is...

View attachment 932116 View attachment 932117
The 2.0 version of the Frank Beltrame is also s'posed to be 4.0mm thick as opposed to the first iteration that used 3.5mm blanks.

The Frank Beltrame knives are a decent 'economy' option. I've got one that is more than 6 years old, slight blade wobble, but otherwise OK for what it is.

Lately, I've been more into the ProTech GodFather series which—for about one hundred bucks more—gets you a 154CM steel blade that is frighteningly sharp and looks like a very 'clean' modernized Italian stilletto with 6061-T6 Aluminum scales.

1621286440155.png

·
Daca is caca
3,724 Posts
/\/\ I have one of those. Opens fast

Reactions: M 7

·
Registered
975 Posts
The 2.0 version of the Frank Beltrame is also s'posed to be 4.0mm thick as opposed to the first iteration that used 3.5mm blanks.

The Frank Beltrame knives are a decent 'economy' option. I've got one that is more than 6 years old, slight blade wobble, but otherwise OK for what it is.

Lately, I've been more into the ProTech GodFather series which—for about one hundred bucks more—gets you a 154CM steel blade that is frighteningly sharp and looks like a very 'clean' modernized Italian stilletto with 6061-T6 Aluminum scales.

View attachment 935494
NICE! Thanks for the pic.

Reactions: M 7

·
Anti-Federalist
21,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

View attachment 935494

Protech makes solid knives. Here's my Rockeye with a couple of it's friends. A Tuxedo Godfather is on my list.

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
The $3 ones I used to bring back from Nuevo Laredo Mexico didn't last long, just fun to have back in my early Army days.

·
Anti-Federalist
21,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wow tubular, dude! post em up when you get that Tuxedo

Funny how some people can turn anything gay... almost like they are hopeful.

·
Anti-Federalist
21,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The $3 ones I used to bring back from Nuevo Laredo Mexico didn't last long, just fun to have back in my early Army days.

These were our flea market special back in the day.

Reactions: lazarus66

·
Anti-Federalist
21,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sort of like how they keep whining about buffer springs? that sort of hopeful? like clutching at straws hopeful?
I really don't know what you are babbling about. I can only assume it has something to do with your crap ARs and their inability to reliably function.. that's not my fault anymore than it's my fault your are befuddled by MOA.

Maybe staying on topic and not editing my posts would make you look a little less trite.

·
Anti-Federalist
21,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
isn't that amazing how the more you lie, the more you look like an idiot?

Again, no idea what you are babbling about.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
There should be in everyone's knife collection, along with an array of your favorite knives - a good Italian stiletto switch blade. I would say it is a must have knife.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts