Glock Talk banner

Classic Car Insurance

463 Views 9 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  stompah
Does anyone have it? Who do you have it with?
I just filled out an online application with Hagerty and got a quote. Is there any other company worth considering. I'll call my regular auto insurance company in the morning but a few years ago when I had insurance with them n this car I'm pretty sure it was more.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
19,808 Posts
Does anyone have it? Who do you have it with?
I just filled out an online application with Hagerty and got a quote. Is there any other company worth considering. I'll call my regular auto insurance company in the morning but a few years ago when I had insurance with them n this car I'm pretty sure it was more.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

I had a Superformance Cobra for a few years. It was registered as a 1966 because of the 460 engine block.
I was therefore able to do a Classic / collector insurance.
I just used my regular insurance carrier …… State Farm.
There was a restriction on annual mileage but the actual insurance was ridiculously cheap..,,.. less than $300 IIRC per year.( Circa year 2000)
Can you imagine a 500 HP Cobra insured for $300 per year.

· Registered
7,431 Posts
I insured three Model A Fords (not at the same time) with Hagerty’s. Very reasonable, just had an annual mileage limit and had to be garaged. The value of my cars were low enough that I just had to submit pictures, no appraisals.

· Registered
368 Posts
Haggerty is where we have been going for what seems like forever. Very easy to deal with and modify the policy for what we are looking for.

Fortunately no experience with them handling a claim so I'm unable to comment on the most important aspect of having insurance.

· Registered
1,425 Posts
View attachment 1096808

I had a Superformance Cobra for a few years. It was registered as a 1966 because of the 460 engine block.
I was therefore able to do a Classic / collector insurance.
I just used my regular insurance carrier …… State Farm.
There was a restriction on annual mileage but the actual insurance was ridiculously cheap..,,.. less than $300 IIRC per year.( Circa year 2000)
Can you imagine a 500 HP Cobra insured for $300 per year.
Especially with what’s arguably the most dangerous, highest mortality rated car that was ever built! Drove my boss’s 427 Cobra once, probably a 8 to 10 mile drive, when I brought it back the main thought I kept having was this is a car I’m sure I’d die in!

A stout little small block in one of these would be a beast much less a torque monster big block, scary!

· Simple Member
7,365 Posts
I use State Farm, couple hundred a year if you don't drive much.

Reactions: Rotn1

· Registered
402 Posts
Another happy Hagerty customer. Been using them for 7 years. Rates seem fair, and they are very nice to work with. I now have 3 classic trucks insured with them. Never had a claim, so cannot attest to that.

· Registered
59 Posts
I have Hagerty. 2 years back I was rear ended. The car had appreciate over the value that I had insured with Hagerty. So, I pursued my claim with the other insurance company. They were a hassle. Very poor contact. Hagerty on the other hand kept in constant contact. Even after I told them I would not be filing a claim with them, they still kept contact.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts