Glock Talk banner

Classic Car gun locker?

848 Views 9 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Out West
Hola,

I have a 1967 Fairlane and I have a gun club membership. While the trunk is large enough for a family of four to live in I was wondering if there was a trunk vault or similar out there that I could put in the beast that would allow me to haul a couple of rifles and related. That could be hard mounted to the interior. Would not interfere with use of the trunk or accessing the spare tire? Any ideas? Looking for something metal not polymer.

Gracias
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
9,601 Posts
Yeah, I wish I had a trunk locker too. Headed to the range and back, I make at least one stop at Chinamart or the grocery store or Ascamady, and I have to leave firearms in the trunk unattended for several minutes. I have even considered bumper stickers like "Save Duh Whales" or "Coexist" or even "Biden-Harris - Making America Suck Again!" as a cover to prevent theft of my firearms while I'm away.

· NRA Life Member
75,701 Posts
Hola,

I have a 1967 Fairlane and I have a gun club membership. While the trunk is large enough for a family of four to live in I was wondering if there was a trunk vault or similar out there that I could put in the beast that would allow me to haul a couple of rifles and related. That could be hard mounted to the interior. Would not interfere with use of the trunk or accessing the spare tire? Any ideas? Looking for something metal not polymer.

Gracias
I always considered the trunk to be a locker. Also the car has locks. I have kept a gun in mine since the late '80s without a problem.

Reactions: sixgun2

· Registered
9,478 Posts
I always considered the trunk to be a locker. Also the car has locks. I have kept a gun in mine since the late '80s without a problem.
I agree. If they have the tools to break into the trunk, they have the tools to break into the gun locker once the trunk is open. Besides, I doubt that a 1967 Fairlane is a target for break-ins. I'd be more worried about the whole car being stolen.

· Registered
2,697 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.