close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Class 3/NFA item Police department to department transfer?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by 01coltcolt, Feb 10, 2010.

1. 01coltcolt

01coltcolt Weapons Tech.

I did a AR-15 upper build for a local SRT member with the county I live in. He has been using it on a deptment lower they ordered with a burst/auto trigger group. He is transfering to another Police department and would like to take the lower with him. What ATF form does the department have to use, if any?
    I know when i move to a new address/ state I have to fill out a form and summit it for my NFA items. Do police departments do this also? He ask and I was not sure, thanks for the info, Colt

2. utah

utah

I think it's a Form 5, however not 100% sure. Also both of you realize the Department he currently works for is the current "owner" of the lower and not him. With that said...is that department willing to do the paper work to the "new" department? Why not let him ask the new department for a lower?

All of the above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

3. 01coltcolt

01coltcolt Weapons Tech.

Yes we know they are the owner. They are willing to do the transfer. Not all departments around here carry such "scarey" guns. Most are politcal about their issued weapons. The SRT/SWAT teams are the only ones that get the toys. His department has HK UMPs but most of the team carry thier personal ARs. Even then the Chief of police has to aprove the item..............

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010