Civil rights group to sue police over Marine war hero, police officer’s tattoo for Marine who died i

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by ronduke, Jun 12, 2020.

1. ronduke

ronduke

2. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

3. ReaPer105

ReaPer105

They fired the entire San Antonio PD SWAT team (from swat only) for getting tattoos of the double lightening bolts years ago.

4. 6Actual

6Actual Southern Backwater Mafia

The new Salem witch hunts begins

1L26 and Darkangel1846 like this.
  5. cheygriz

cheygriz God Bless Trump

Some folks (snowflakes?) just need to learn how to

SUCK IT UP AND GET OVER IT!

6. ZGXtreme

ZGXtreme

This was a thing with the Scout Snipers before 2004 based on my recollection from when I was at Pendleton.

7. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

What is the basis for the suit?

That they were "triggered" by the tattoo?

8. scattershot

scattershot

I like to think that people are getting fed up With these buffoons, and publicity Will die off as a result.

EFFEM.

9. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Liberals 'R Bad!!!!

From the article...

“If HBO Max is pulling ‘Gone with the Wind’ because of its racial stereotypes, I think Walla Walla can have Officer Small change his tattoo,” Weinstein said.

Just covering up the tattoo is not enough for Weinstein or his client, a member of the Walla Walla Jewish community. They say the longer the tattoo exists the more it erodes trust in Small personally and in the department in general.

“Police officers are supposed to be inextricably intertwined into the very fabric of their communities, especially in a small town such as Walla Walla,” Weinstein wrote. “When Officer Nat Small is ‘off duty’ and blatantly displaying that Nazi SS tattoo for the whole community to see and absorb, it sends a distinct message of indescribable fear and loathing especially to your Jewish and other minority communities.”

A couple of points there...

First, the attorney/parasite leading this cause brings up the fact that because a tv network quit showing a movie that took place during the Civil War due to political pressure from a group of organized *****es, his claims somehow have some merit. As if one is somehow related to the other.

Two, they're openly saying they don't even want the tattoo to exist. They're now claiming that they have the right to completely obliterate that in which they find offense. It's no longer enough to hide it from their view. No, it must not be allowed to exist, at all, ever. The irony that Jews, one of the most persecuted groups in human history, is leading this charge is scarily profound.

Three, notice how the fact that the officer keeps it covered on duty isn't the problem, it's the fact that he "blatantly" shows it off while off-duty. Which translates to "I saw it and it hurt my feelings." Nevermind the fact that the tattoo is on a man who fought for our freedoms in war and now works to protect his community.

Political correctness has gone too far and it's about time to draw a line in the sand.

6Actual, merlynusn and Dragoon44 like this.
  10. Dragoon44

Correct me If I am wrong but the symbols he is talking about are actually Nordic runes Co opted by the Nazis are they not?

That said, personally I think getting the tattoo was poor judgment on the officers part. But their position is simply outrageous.

badge315 and Darkangel1846 like this.
  11. Ay Dios Mio

Ay Dios Mio

The first time I saw a Swastika in person was in a shop in India.

Shocked, I asked the proprietor about it.

He said it was a Hindu devotional symbol. I started seeing them all over.

All better now.

Darkangel1846 likes this.
  12. Dragoon44

Yep, that is why I say regardless of the actual origins of a symbol it's negative associations with any group that Co opted it should cause officers to avoid using it.

13. RocPO

RocPO

“If HBO Max is pulling ‘Gone with the Wind’ because of its racial stereotypes, I think Walla Walla can have Officer Small change his tattoo,” Weinstein said

I should think that if HBO is pulling gone with the wind your client can feel free to move to a town that fits his beliefs better

6Actual likes this.
  14. Dragoon44

Oh, oh, wait..my turn at this to cool reasoning game,..

If a sleazeball named Weinstien (Harvey) can be sent to prison for life.

I think this sleazeball Weinstien can be sent to prison for life too!

6Actual likes this.
  15. FiremanMike

FiremanMike Way too busy

Yeah, at the end of the day, whether that is a legit symbol for the scout snipers or an old Nordic symbol, it’s pretty widely known as the SS symbol.. Not the smartest move to make it a very large and very visible tattoo when your plan is to work in the public eye.

Dragoon44 likes this.