Ciener Glock Lock! Help, please.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by fflincher, Apr 30, 2017.

1. fflincher

fflincher

I stupidly listed this in the wrong forum. Here I hope it'll attract someone with a solution.

I have a severe case of Ciener Glock lock.

It was caused by taking the top end off of a perfectly good G17 and putting on a Ciener .22 LR conversion unit WITHOUT pulling down on the slide lock.

Now, the slide lock does not want to pull down to release the Ciener top.

I was warned not to do this, but forgot.

Can anyone help me disassemble this disaster, preferably without destroying the Glock frame or the Ciener unit?

Please?

2. shawn mccarver

shawn mccarver

From Ciener website:

INSTALLATION/REMOVAL: Field strip the firearm as for cleaning to include removal of the slide/barrel/return spring upper assembly. Install the unit's sub-caliber assembly same as the OEM parts and insert the unit's magazine.
    Since the units barrel does not "lock up" in the slide as does the OEM parts, pushing against the muzzle on removal will assist in pulling down the latch bar. Approximate conversion time is ten seconds.

Instructions say to install the sub-caliber assembly "same as the OEM parts," so I do not see why you could not just slide the Ciener upper onto the frame the same way you would the original upper, i.e. by just putting it on and NOT having to pull down on the slide lock.

See the second part of the instructions: "pushing against the muzzle on removal will assist in pulling down the latch bar."

fflincher likes this.

3. GRR

GRR

Mine works just like a Glock slide. To get it off, I pull back slightly on the slide and pull down on the slide lock tabs. Works every time. Did you put a slide for a compact frame on your 17?

fflincher likes this.
  4. fflincher

fflincher

UREKA

Shawn, yer my new hero!

Can't believe it came apart so easily!

THANK YOU!

shawn mccarver and GRR like this.