close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay on PC - VERY Good So Far!!

Discussion in 'The Players Club' started by fastvfr, Dec 17, 2004.

1. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Hello all--

Yeah, I finally found a copy - under $30, too!

This game looks even better than Doom III, but it will dawg an older PC out badly. A review I saw says that Half Life 2 plays better on older machines than this title does.

All I can say is, DAMN. The image quality is superb, and it runs very well on my mid-range graphics card on highest settings (for the non-6 series GeForce cards, that is...there's a 2.5 setting for those cards, but I believe I'll wait until I have a 6800GT installed for that!) with loads of eye-candy.

The game is not just pretty; it also has some great plot twists in it. I haven't played too far in yet, but the first two levels are awesome!

FYI, everyone who has seen both rates the PC GAME far higher than the MOVIE!!! Talk about a switch, huh?!? Ever seen the PC version of Enter The Matrix?!? Then you know what I am talking about...ugh.;P ;0

Sure, this title has been out on XBox for awhile, but the PC version, as always, looks and plays a lot more smoothly than the console version did.

Give it a try if you want to spend some time in a SuperMax Lockdown before kicking some serious adz!!

BTW, I was looking for Vampire:Bloodlines when I happened upon this title...I am still hoping they finish S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and TES IV: Oblivion soon!!

2. waktasz

waktasz Gamer Scumbag

screenshots, gogogo

3. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Okay, here ya go!
    [​IMG]

4. jason10mm

jason10mm NRA-GOA-TSRA

I'm playing it on the xbox. VERY GOOD, but it gets pretty challenging at times. There is a HUGE "WTF" plot twist at one point, in direct contradiction to the movies, but I haven't let it get me down. It got pushed aside for Halo 2 ATM, but I'll be back.

5. Rasco

Rasco Swollen Member

I tried to get a copy of this, but the cracked EXE was only for 32-bit CPUs (?)

Never seen a crack that was CPU specific before. I have a 64-bitter, so I wasn't able to crack the game. I have an aversion to paying retail for PC games or anything that I could get for free.