Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
I haven't seen it in that area, but my Gen4 G22 is doing the same thing on the vertical extension of the trigger bar. Just cosmetic, it doesn't affect the operation of the gun at all.

·
NRA Life Member
374 Posts
I've had the plating come off both the striker and the trigger bar. Doesn't hurt anything.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My Gen 4 17 has the nickel plating coming off from the right-rear rail on the frame (exposing the copper layer) after about 400 rounds. I emailed Glock about it and they said it's normal wear that won't affect function.
My Gen 3 17 has roughly 700 rounds through it and doesn't show any wear on the rails at all.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Back in the day Glocks came with a black coating on the internals. Then they went to a nickel coating. After that they coated the nickel with Teflon. Who knows what they do now?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Back in the day Glocks came with a black coating on the internals. Then they went to a nickel coating. After that they coated the nickel with Teflon. Who knows what they do now?
The Gen 4 trigger bar coating appears to be peel and stick.

·
Stiffy
7,711 Posts
Any gun that actually gets shot and used will show wear. Keep calm, carry on.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not going to fret about it. I just wanted to know if it is happening to anyone else. I've owned 6 Glocks since 1987, and it is the first time i have noticed it.

Ron

·
Registered
436 Posts
My Gen3 26 flaked on the striker after 100 rounds! I never had this to happen but I just polished it for now! The trigger just feels like grit until you smooth it out!

·
Premium Member
42,196 Posts
The nickel plating peeling is not wear, it is a manufacturing flaw. It does not effect operation, but it has NOTHING to do with wear. It is a quality problem.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
The nickel plating peeling is not wear, it is a manufacturing flaw. It does not effect operation, but it has NOTHING to do with wear. It is a quality problem.
Absolutely that! And any flaking where the trigger action slides under pressure (birds head/ connector or cruciform/striker) will produce a gritty trigger action. Glock should be ashamed of themselves for saying this is normal wear.

English

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Nickel plating flacking off can happen on all Nickel plated parts in the Glock. On the striker, firing pin safety block, trigger bar, locking block, frame rails, etc. But, it does not cause any reliability problems. Like someone mentioned above, it's a flaw/quality problem in the preperation of the metal before the Nickel gets applied. But when it's starts flaking off right on the cruciform where the firing pin lug engages with the cruciform of the trigger bar, then I am sure it can cause an gritty feeling trigger. I'd try to polish it smooth, or buy a new trigger bar along with a spare trigger spring while I am at it. You never know...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts