Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
IN GOD WE TRUST
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'For a split second they were distracted and I opened fire'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: July 21, 2008
8:37 pm Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

A Christian missionary whose book "Shooting Back" describes his encounter with heavily armed terrorists who attacked his church in 1993 and how he repelled them by firing back with his .38 special once again fought off an attempted hijacking by returning fire.

The latest attack came while Charl van Wyk of Frontline Fellowship ministries in Cape Town, South Africa, was traveling to record a radio program with creation science lecturer Philip Stott during the Reclaiming Africa for Christ Biblical Worldview Summit.

"I shouted at the thugs as they were threatening the life of Uncle Philip,” van Wyk recounts. “For a split second they were distracted and I opened fire. They fled, and are hopefully still running. What I had not realized was that there was a third party covering them from a distance. He returned fire. I heard Sipho shouting, 'Charl get down!' I took cover behind the vehicle at the driver's door, which I opened; Sipho and I jumped in and we drove off as fast as possible. By God's grace none of us was hit by flying bullets, and the mission vehicle was undamaged."

A Frontline Fellowship report said van Wyk and Stott were confronted by "thugs" who pointed their automatic pistols at them. They first confronted van Wyk, then while the two were "threatening and manhandling" Stott, van Wyk "drew his pistol and opened fire, sending the assailants scurrying for cover."

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=69951

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
violence in south africa is getting worst.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts