Chris Wallace

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by tommyd78, Oct 1, 2020.

1. tommyd78

tommyd78

Was watching Fox news most of the day after debate and wanted to see if any Fox person called Wallace out for being biased against Trump. I didn't hear anything about him being biased from anyone.

Fortunate Son likes this.
  2. SevenSixtyTwo

SevenSixtyTwo

I didn't think he was biased either.

czsmithGT, Jonesee and R.B. Riddick like this.

3. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

He is becoming the elder statesman @ Fox...and keeper of his late father's legacy...nope, nobody will say a word

4. ken grant

ken grant

I feel like he favored Biden over Trump .
    I also didn't like Trump and Biden talking over one another so I turned the debate off .

SevenSixtyTwo likes this.
  5. JFrame

JFrame

Someone posted an article yesterday (I think it was)... Quite a few people at Fox News called Chris Wallace out.

nursetim and sixgun2 like this.
  6. Kablam

Kablam

[​IMG]

7. 1cm

1cm

One of the most obvious examples was asking Trump a racial question (Denounce WSG), but not asking Biden a similar one (you aint black, racial jungle, fighting bussing, friends with Robert KKK Byrd).

8. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

Claiming bias is a deflection of what occurred. Wallace was not responsible for President Trump’s poor performance and his outburst, Trump is responsible for this.

SevenSixtyTwo, czsmithGT and Jonesee like this.
  9. Jan R Whitaker

Jan R Whitaker

there was a few cases where Biden wouldn't answer the question and Wallace let him off the hook. Not so with President Trump.

10. Flags

Flags

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    I do not think President Trump did poorly nor do I think he had an "outburst".
    Wallace was biased. Biden just rambled.
    President Trump did try to overcome the bias and could have made more points but I think both sides saw what they wanted to see.

MSP Sarge, nursetim and Victor Dubya like this.
  11. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

I agree with this portion of your reply.

MSP Sarge and Flags like this.
  12. Flags

Flags

Fair enough.

R.B. Riddick likes this.
  13. 1cm

1cm

Here is another example, where he decided he was arbiter of facts, like Candice Crowley:

06:38 TRUMP -- Joe. The hundred million people is totally wrong. I don't know where you got that number. The bigger problem that you have is that you're going to extinguish 180 million people with their private health care --

BIDEN - That’s simply not true.

TRUMP - Well, you said

WALLACE -
    Gentleman, we're now into open discussion, open discussion. Yes, I agree. Vice President.

Here is another example where Wallace has decided Trump has not released a ObamaCare Replacement:

WALLACE - If I may ask that question, sir. Over the last four years you have promised to repeal and replace Obamacare but you have never in these four years, come up with a plan, a comprehensive plan, to replace Obamacare.

09:51 TRUMP

Yes I have. Of course I have.

And another, where he asks Biden about packing court (good question), but does not follow-up when Biden does not answer.

WALLACE - One final question for you, Mr. Vice President, if Senate Republicans -- we were originally talking about the Supreme Court here -- if Senate Republicans, go ahead and confirm justice Barrett, there has been talk about ending the filibuster, or even packing the court, adding to the nine justices there. You call this a distraction by the president, but in fact it wasn't brought up by the President, it was brought up by some of your Democratic colleagues in Congress. So my question to you as you have refused in the past to talk about it: Are you willing to tell the American people tonight, whether or not you will support either ending the filibuster or packing the court.

16:16 BIDEN - Whatever position I take on that, that'll become the issue -- the issue is, the American people should speak. You should go out and vote. We're in voting now, vote and let your senators know how strongly you feel. Vote now, in fact let people know it is your senators. I'm not going to answer the question.

TRUMP - Why won’t you answer the question -- radical left -- well, listen.

BIDEN - Would you shut up, man.

TRUMP - Who is on your list?

16:49 WALLACE - We have ended this segment.

MSP Sarge, Dave514 and JFrame like this.
  14. GlockerBill

GlockerBill

Hartford likes this.
  15. ranger1968

ranger1968

Wayyyyyy down South, shootin' stuff and Jeeping!
    Chris Wallace is a saggy bag of cheese, and a terrible debater, especially since he was supposed to be the moderator; he sucked at that too.

MSP Sarge, jcm3, Pythonman and 2 others like this.
  16. jcm3

jcm3 G22 4 Me

I'm not a fan of Chris Wallace. He did have a tough job that night, especially with my man Trump, but he also asked Trump things he didn't ask Biden, or if he did, he didn't push him for an answer. I don't know if I'd call it biased or just unbalanced.

But, the one time I wanted to throw a brick through the TV was when he was asking Trump about if he'd accept the results of the election. Trump was saying that if it was found that there was election fraud, Wallace interrupted him and said something like, "What, are you going to tell your supporters to take to the streets?" No dip****, he's going to want an investigation. Let him finish.

That was about as egregious as anything I've seen a moderator do, and very inappropriate.

DocCasualty, Dave514 and JFrame like this.
  17. Dave514

Dave514

18. MSP Sarge

MSP Sarge

19. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

Well, other than the fact that he accused Trump of failing to denounce white supremacists who are causing all the riots and not holding Biden to account for failing to condemn Antifa, he wasn't biased at all.

DocCasualty and Bring_it! like this.