GlockTalk Forum banner

101 - 120 of 218 Posts

·
If the coronavirus doesn't take you out, can I?
1,017 Posts
Final thoughts now that the %#^* is over.

• Wallace is a partisan hack, good lord. He was so in the bag for Biden it was ridiculous.
  • Biden handled the extra adderall well. No burst capillaries in his eyes.
  • Trump was so focused on throwing out digs he missed some great opportunities to nail Biden to the wall.
  • Did I say Wallace is a hack already?

·
Registered
42,445 Posts
350,000,000 people in this country and these are our 2 "best" choices.....:notlistening:
I have said the same thing for 3 years.

But you couldn't stand up for America like Trump has so maybe it takes a guy like him to represent me because who are you?

·
Registered
13,067 Posts
I've been saying for a while, the Biden gaffes are overblown. You see Fox just replaying the same few constantly, and it gives you the impression that he has dementia and it totally out of it. A lot of hardcore Trump supporters I know fully expected this debate to be Biden up there stuttering like he didn't know English, with Trump just slam dunking on him all night. It went a lot more how I was expecting; Biden was coherent, and definitely the more mature of the two. Trump just seemed to be flinging crap in every direction to see what would stick.
If you search YouTube you can find compilations of Biden gaffs.
Plenty of material..... no need for repeats.
BHO’s own team were dismissive of Biden and are quoted as saying “ Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to F something up.

·
Registered
12,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
The white supremacists question was a low blow and showed bias by Wallace. That has been discredited.

Scott Adams of Dilbert fame on YouTube discussed this issue fully. He is a very analytical man who is a Liberal but was so angered by the lies, this one in particular that he is voting for the first time and is voting for Trump.

Scott Adams is someone I think you might respect so I recommend looking him up.
It was an easy one for Trump to handle and he blew it. "Of course I renounce white supremacists but I don't know what you are talking about, I have not seen any white supremacists in these riots" Wallace - "Proud Boys" Trump- "Proud Boys are not white supremacists, they have many black members, how are they white supremacists?"

Scott Adams is great but I cannot stand his voice, I used to read his articles but I cannot handle his podcast. I don't think he is a liberal at all, he is a libertarian. His books are worth a read as well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you search YouTube you can find compilations of Biden gaffs.
Plenty of material..... no need for repeats.
BHO’s own team were dismissive of Biden and are quoted as saying “ Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to F something up.
Yet it didn’t seem to happen tonight, unfortunately for Trump.

·
Registered
13,067 Posts
As I think about tonight, part of me think Trump specifically maneuvered Biden as to cause internal dissent with the Bernie Bro’s and the Lefties.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
A large block of voters is turned off by Trump the person. That block just grew tonight.
I don't see it that way nor do the people I speak with see it that way. The smart voter will separate the personality and vote on a Presidents accomplishments and results for the country. I do not vote on a person's style, looks, or his personal life from 25 years ago. Trumps achievements for the country are pretty impressive for a first term president. He accomplished this virtually by himself while being attacked by the MSM 24/7. There are numerous sites out there that show his achievements in chronological order. I can't name another president who did the same.........

Reactions: baren

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
There is a problem with all these 'debates' ... the 'rules' get in the way. It's like when a talking head asks a complicated question or a question that demands a complicated answer ... then says, "Quickly we have only 30 seconds". A lot of it is dictated by format requirements. Maybe just have 30 minutes each for uninterrupted commentary. Anyway if Trump loses, America is over, that fact hasn't changed.

·
Registered
13,067 Posts
Yet it didn’t seem to happen tonight, unfortunately for Trump.
So he doesn’t have an illustrious history of gaffes? Why is he universally known as a gaffe machine.
You didn’t see him bumble, stumble and constantly trip over numbers tonight?

The Dem’s will vote for anything with a “D” including a tired incompetent old man and the last place finisher out of a 23 person field. Biden’s performance doesn’t matter.

The bar was set incredibly low for his performance expectations, no matter how you slice it.

Will you be turning your guns in now or after the election when Beto is the Gun Saftey Czsar

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
What I saw was Biden being a politician
That's my take too.

Biden has had about 10 national debates. Trump now 4. And 47 years of DC polish (lying).

Still, Trump should have counter punched which is his strength. Instead he punched, which is not. And I think he stepped on Biden when Biden may have been giving incomplete answers, but we'll never know because he was stepped on during his answers.

Nobody won this one imo. Including me.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I believe the word you are looking for is....'embalmed'.
My wife and I made the same comment, Cornpop looked like his blood was sucked out of him. The pastiness of his skin was very noticeable and not in a healthy way.

·
Cheese?
9,451 Posts
There is a problem with all these 'debates' ... the 'rules' get in the way. It's like when a talking head asks a complicated question or a question that demands a complicated answer ... then says, "Quickly we have only 30 seconds". A lot of it is dictated by format requirements. Maybe just have 30 minutes each for uninterrupted commentary. Anyway if Trump loses, America is over, that fact hasn't changed.
Yeah, those stupid rules that the candidates agreed to ahead of time, and were then expected to follow?

Their mics should just automatically turn off when time is up. If the candidate can’t make their point in the allotted time, tough ****.

I can’t stand the talking over each other BS. Next debate should have timed mics for candidates AND moderator.

·
If the coronavirus doesn't take you out, can I?
1,017 Posts
Yeah, those stupid rules that the candidates agreed to ahead of time, and were then expected to follow?

Their mics should just automatically turn off when time is up. If the candidate can’t make their point in the allotted time, tough ****.

I can’t stand the talking over each other BS. Next debate should have timed mics for candidates AND moderator.
I’ve wanted that for YEARS but there is NO $&[email protected] way any campaign would agree to that.

Reactions: Deanster

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
One word: Disappointed!

Reactions: redrick

·
Registered
24 Posts
Seriously?

Joe Biden actually said " I'm not going to answer that question" to one of the questions, and Wallace gave him a total pass on it.....
Agreed. He ran cover for him all night. Let him refuse questions and changed to the next segment when he needed a lifeline. Body language too. Literally leaning towards Biden all night.

·
Registered
12,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #118

Or maybe they each get 40 minutes and it is timed by the microphone so if they answer the question in 30 sec 2 min is banked for another question, if they talk over time is taken away. Once they run out mic is off.

101 - 120 of 218 Posts