Chris Pratt shares cryptic message amid James Gunn fallout as Zoe Saldana speaks out

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by TBO, Jul 23, 2018.

1. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 7th Street South, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    [​IMG]

The controversy continues.

Days after director James Gunn was let go from filming "Guardians of the Galaxy 3," some of the franchise’s stars are seemingly speaking out.

Lead Chris Pratt took to Twitter to post a message that many fans felt was geared toward Gunn’s dismissal.

“’Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters. Let every person be quick to listen, slow to speak, slow to anger.’ JAMES 1:19,” he wrote with prayer hands and a heart emojis.

His co-star, Zoe Saldana, was a bit more avert on her own Twitter, writing, “It’s been a challenging weekend I’m not gonna lie. I’m pausing myself to take everything in before I speak out of term. I just want everyone to know I love ALL members of my GOTG family. Always will.”

Actor Dave Bautista replied to Saldana’s message, writing, “When it’s time you will speak from your heart like you always do. Until then #weareGroot love you hermana.”

Bautista also called Pratt’s message, “Beautiful words.”

Bautista has been one of the most outspoken proponents of keeping Gunn at the helm of the franchise.

James Gunn Fired From ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3’ After Controversial Tweets Resurface

“I will have more to say but for right now all I will say is this.. @JamesGunn is one of the most loving, caring, good natured people I have ever met. He’s gentle and kind and care deeply for people and animals. He’s made mistakes. We all have. Im NOT ok with what’s happening to him,” he tweeted on Friday.

James’ brother, Sean Gunn, who also appears in the films, also spoke out in favor of his brother.

“I hope it goes without saying that I love and support my brother James,” he tweeted over the weekend. “And I’m quite proud of how kind, generous, and compassionate he is with people in his life, whether they are friends, family colleagues, fans, or strangers.”

James was fired from the Marvel superhero flick on Friday after his controversial tweets were resurfaced by conservative pundits and the website Daily Caller.

'Guardians of the Galaxy' Star Sean Gunn Is Engaged!

“The offensive attitudes and statements discovered on James’ Twitter feed are indefensible and inconsistent with our studio’s values, and we have severed our business relationship with him,” said Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn in a statement to ET.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...s-gunn-fallout-as-zoe-saldana-speaks-out.html

2. cbetts1

cbetts1

I read the comments. Talk about bizarre. This wasn't one or two off the cuff remarks or jokes. This guy has some serious issues regarding children and sex. Rosanne's comment was rude, but look what they did to her. These are the same people that gave a convicted child rapist that fled to Europe, a standing ovation and a academy award.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018

3. C_Hallbert

C_Hallbert

Well then, I guess I’ve already seen the last of Groot and that miserable Raccoon.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrs.Cicero likes this.
  4. NAZG26

NAZG26 Lost in transit

The hollypedo elite at it again

curtmini14 likes this.
  5. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

I am willing to give Gunn the benefit of the doubt that his tweets were just bad jokes. My sense of humor after years working Special Victims tends towards the very dark as well. (I'm smart enough not to put out any of the really tasteless jokes we make as a unit in the public domain, however.)

That said, the left has put out the new rules that every little indiscretion, no matter how far in the past and stripped off all possible context, is fair game for ruining a person's career. I will not accept a world where one side (the conservative) gets held to one standard while the leftist side doesn't. That means Mr. Gunn needs to suffer and suffer greatly.

Taco Junkie, pgg00, michael_b and 2 others like this.
  6. BamaBud

BamaBud NRA Life Member

I've never heard of any of these losers, or whatever they are "stars" of.

Rellik, Road Dog and rock_castle like this.
  7. C_Hallbert

C_Hallbert

No matter how innocuous the statement, it is imperative that every opportunity is utilized to emphasize and reinforce the knowledge that the Left will punish and destroy anyone who does not agree in entirety with Party doctrine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grumpy_old_man and cbetts1 like this.
  8. ReaPer105

ReaPer105

I just opened this because I’d never heard of any of those three.
    Meh, don’t care.

Lt. Donn, drumgod and Rellik like this.
  9. Mrs.Cicero

Mrs.Cicero Wayward Member

If he's dumb enough to post stuff like that on Twitter, he's too dumb for me to tolerate. Also, disgusting.

Rellik and JMag like this.
  10. cbetts1

cbetts1

Interesting how the leftist are defending it as bad humor and free speech. Didn't hear that once with Rosanne.

11. cgwahl

cgwahl Sheriffs a near

I've written elsewhere, had the guy just made rape jokes. He probably would have still had a job with Disney. But the pedo jokes is a big line to cross. Particularly with a company whose main demographic is children.

Gunn and people defending him also idiots. Don't put this out on the internet for all to see. Small group of friends or something. I can have quite a dark/gallows sense of humor and I know to keep it to a small group of friends or under a different handle.

12. rock_castle

rock_castle Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness

I feel kinda stupid that I didn’t know who any of them were.

13. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Liberals 'R Bad!!!!

If a friend of mine started telling me about how he enjoys little boys touching him in his silly place I'd do my best to break at least one of his bones.

14. aplcr0331

aplcr0331

Oh bull****. Come on.

GamerGirl and cbetts1 like this.
  15. michael_b

michael_b Elementary, my dear Watson.

Except he made these LONG before Disney hired him, and they let make two hit movies. Did Disney do their due diligence or did they not care until someone complained?

16. JoeCitizen

JoeCitizen

There's nothing cryptic about Pratt's post.

17. michael_b

michael_b Elementary, my dear Watson.

I love Rocket!

[​IMG]

Grumpy_old_man and Struggle_Russ like this.
  18. B C

B C

I saw the tweets Gunn put out. It wasn't just 1 or 2 or 3, it was quite a lot all about it.

cbetts1 likes this.
  19. screwman

screwman

Man, I need to get out more! This is the first time I've ever heard of these people.

happyguy and MB-G26 like this.
  20. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED