Chores That Used To Be Fun?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by FullClip, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Diesel_Bomber

Diesel_Bomber

Cutting and splitting firewood. Used to enjoy it, these days I pay some of the neighborhood teens to do it. Or point the remote at the thermostat on the wall, push a few buttons, and go back to my book. Easy to hand my debit card to the fuel dude for more propane, getting harder to carry and stack wood.

2. Kevin108

Kevin108 THIS IS IN ALL CAPS

If you have chores that are no longer fun, it's because you are not properly rewarding yourself upon their completion. I put off cutting my grass for two weeks recently because I was on call and couldn't have a beer after I finished. :supergrin:

3. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

I'll add bucking hay. Loved the fact that I owned my first horse at 32 after growing up in the city but it has gotten quite old now twenty-one years later. HH

4. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Then again there are chores that used to be work that are now fun.

When I was young we baled over a thousand square bales a afternoon. Rake in morning, bale, and bale, and unload in hay mound (dang hot, dry, dusty) then fill racks, do evening chores and unload racks in evening (not as hot but dark)
    Then do it at Uncle's....

Now I bale a couple hundred bales a yr. Its fun to stack a load, then unload in early evening...