Glock Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I.C.P.
9,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a NHM91 that I was thinking about doing a chop and hack on. It's the 20 inch heavy barrel and I was thinking about shorting it and have a perm hider installed so I could get it as short as possible without going NFA on it.

I know the Chinese guns are great shooters and I know that the NHM91 has a little collector value. But I didn't get the bipod or anything because I got it in a trade with a friend.

Think this is a good candidate for some work or should I just sell it and buy something else to chop on.

·
Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,055 Posts
Chop job costs you at least $100.

I see no reason to chop when you could trade for a regular AK.

·
Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,055 Posts
Why?

The standard AK is 16.25 and the rest of the world doesn't use flash suppressors on their AKs.

Are you planning on going the full KRINK SBR?
Are you planning on using a real suppressor for flash suppression?

·
Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,055 Posts
Additionaly thought, by altering the barrel length, will you need to open up the port in the barrel to make it feed correctly?

·
I.C.P.
9,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Additionaly thought, by altering the barrel length, will you need to open up the port in the barrel to make it feed correctly?
Not sure if I would have to open the port or not. If I did this I was going to send it to someone who knows what they are doing........ I have a dremal........but I don't use it on parts that could kill me.

·
Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,055 Posts
Pretty much just going for the look.
Not sure if I would have to open the port or not. If I did this I was going to send it to someone who knows what they are doing........ I have a dremal........but I don't use it on parts that could kill me.
In that case, I think you are going to screw up a perfectly good rifle.

If you want a Krink, buy a krink. In the end it will probably cost about the same as turning this rifle into a krink. Maybe you could save some money if you were doing it on your own, but since you are not...:wavey:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.