close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Choosing my next Glock - Opinions?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ElectricZombie, Feb 26, 2010.

1. ElectricZombie

ElectricZombie

I’ll finally be graduating from college in a few months, and decided to buy myself a new Glock to celebrate. However, I’m having a difficult time trying to decide on which model to purchase. I already own a G17 and a G21. I’ve been carrying concealed for the last 6 years, so whatever I choose will be carried daily. I don’t mind large guns, but I have been looking at compacts lately.

I’ve been contemplating getting a G36, G23, G30SF or a G20SF. Unfortunately, there isn’t a nearby gun shop that has any of these in stock. I think that the G36 would be a good carry gun, but the capacity is a bit lower than what I’m used to...Not that I imagine needing more than 7 rounds. I’m also not sure if there is enough difference between the G36 and the G30SF to rationalize going with the G36 and fewer rounds. The G30SF would be a good “in between” choice, but I’m not sure about the smaller grip. The regular G30 is a bit chunky. The G23 is a good all around choice that I’m familiar with, but I already have a nice Beretta in .40. The G20SF intrigues me because I’ve always wanted a 10mm and like the bullet options available.

Any suggestions on what to get and why?

Thanks!

2. RBL525

RBL525

i jsut got a 23, and love the feel. I am still waiting on my 38 to arrive. It seems like a great choice with the compact frame, 8+1 and some people have said 9+1 works fine too. It is a 45, and I have only found one bad review of it.

Look at the options, and you will be happy with any glock you get. I would be careful though, I have read on here about some issues with the SF models.

3. Paul_J

Paul_J

If you get a 23 or a 32 you can swap barrels, 23 or 32 and then buy a conversion barrel and you can shoot 9mm, .40 and 357 sig. just my 2c.

4. TalkToTheGlock

TalkToTheGlock Zombie Hunter

Look at the G29. It's the subcompact version of the 10mm since you're looking at getting a 10mm and want to carry.

I have been very pleased with my G20 and G30 so I don't think you can go wrong with either of those three.

5. G23c

G23c

G23, the "perfect gun".

6. James Dean

James Dean

7. bandmasterjf

bandmasterjf

My 19 carries really well, but the the thought of a subcompact 10mm or 45 just makes my heart go pitter patter.

8. GunFighter45ACP

GunFighter45ACP

It sounds like capacity is a consideration for this new carry gun. I'd say to look at either a G23 or a G27. Both will be much more comfortable in a CCW capacity if you are already accustomed to carrying 1 of the full sized Glocks.

As you can probably tell, I'm a 45acp fan, but I went to a G27 for carry a little while ago when I found myself concerned about the round capacity & grip size/weight of the compact Glock 45acps.

9. zeme05

zeme05

I just bought my 4th Glock a G30sf. My first was the old style G23 (gen2?) it is now about 15 yrs old and still shoot great and with my 9mm Storm Lake bbl I can shoot economical 9mm. Second in the line up was a G26 great little concealed carry. Next a G21sf the std G21 just didn't fit my hand. Newest is the G30sf I picked up yesterday. Man the G30sf seems hugh next to the G23. I am comtemplating wether to keep it or trade it. You really need to go to a gun store or show and try them in your hand to get the fell of the different models.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  10. oISHUTupNrocKIo

oISHUTupNrocKIo Glock Lover

I personally love the Glock 29, and I will carry that one day when I can et my hands on one. The G29 is capiable of 10+1 without a grip/shot extension. Since you have a G20, you can carry the extra G20 15 Rd mag in your pocket for back up. The 10mm comes close to the .357 Magnum round, it is the most powerful Glock... that would be my choice and my suggestion to you.