Choosing a 10 round pistol now so I get stuck again later...

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by TGT, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Will Beararms

Will Beararms Millennium Member

I would also consider:

Glock 26
    Glock 27
    Glock 23 - sacrificing only (3) rounds
    Glock 21 - sacrificing only (3) rounds
    Sig P239 9mm or .40
    Sig P225
    Glock 43, 38
    Sig P365
    S&W M&P Shield 9 or 40 or 45

TGT likes this.
  2. TGT

TGT

Do you really want to test it and see how it works for you? I just read recently that some guy at a range in a ban state was shooting high capacity magazines, when the guy next to him pulled out his badge and arrested him.

I can live with having to register my 10+1 G26 and carrying it with a 10+1 mag (the cap I carry now), but losing all my guns for life while paying an attorney $50k to defend me would be foolish. There are many citizens and police who don't appreciate your 2nd amendment rights. They will take joy in seeing you arrested and your guns confiscated regardless of where you live.

As for 10 round mags likely being the standard for Democrats;

As factually & smartly mentioned in post #18 "10 rounds are the standard in case law in a very anti gun circuit." Its a standrad that will likely remain. Many years before Democrats became America Haters and dreamed up the first AWB, many 10 round .22 handguns were already a staple for target shooters and outdoorsmen like my S&W 41 and the Ruger Mark series of pistols.

ithaca_deerslayer likes this.

3. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Because immigration and pot is a left issue and gun rights is a right issue. There may be sanctuary cities against a new AWB but I'm not sure about entire states.

kahrcarrier likes this.
  4. cityborncountrylivin

cityborncountrylivin

NY Safe Act round count was 7 until challenged in court. Still reads 7 but announment by Gov. that 10 rounds would not be prosecuted.

5. Wizzz

Wizzz

Good thing California had the "Freedom Week" to buy standard capacity magazines few months ago.

California probably has billions (with a B) of standard mags now everywhere. Lots of people unblocked their 10rnd mags, brought mags in from out of state, and bought millions of mags online during FW.

It's legal to own and use those mags now but some anti 2A cops still go around confiscating "legally owned standard mags".

PRKJayhawk likes this.
  6. fastbolt

fastbolt

I did much the same thing a few years ago when CA started floating the idea of removing the exemption for retired peace officer to retain the hi-ca mags they'd acquired before retirement.

Well, at the same time they also tried removing the exemption for current peace officers to buy their own hi-cap mags for work, restricting them to only possessing whatever was issued by an employer. It's didn't pass into law, but I'd not be surprised to see it attempted again.

Anyway, only 1 of the pistols I own uses hi-cap mags. (All the rest use 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10rd mags.)

Now, I'd already picked up a couple 10rd mags throughout the years I'd owned it and had bought the original 12rd mags for it, but I decided to order several more 10rd mags, just in case the new bills passed and were signed. (It didn't happen ... that time.)

Better safe than sorry, meaning trying to find 10rd mags if a new state or fed law comes around, and the mag makers have to spend a few months getting production schedules shifted around again to begin production of the new mags in quantities to try and meet new demands.

TGT and ithaca_deerslayer like this.
  7. hardluk1

hardluk1

All ready have 9mm 40sw and 45acp karhs , 9 and 45 1911's and revolvers One ten round mag for a m&p9c too

8. grumpy1

grumpy1

If that really bothers the OP, he better start shopping for 5 round revolvers. IF semiautomatic rifles are banned, semi automatic pistols will be the next target for a ban shorty after.

cbetts1 likes this.
  9. FL-obiwan

FL-obiwan

The one gun that was not lost in the dreaded boating accident is a single shot but I don't know where it is..............

Jisbell40 and tuica like this.
  10. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

Would not because it can not. Unconstitutional as per 3rd federal circuit.

fastbolt likes this.
  11. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

A ten round Glock-23 becomes an eleven round Glock-23 for carry. That I'll do.

kahrcarrier likes this.
  12. Top Glock10mm

Top Glock10mm Previously Jisbell40

In this event, I would consider carrying my Razorback dan Wesson with 10 round mags stuffed full of Underwood’s. If I’m limited to 10 rounds, they will be the best 10 rounds.

If the full size DW was too big I would probably get a 43X and try to keep this one for myself so the wife doesn’t commandeer it like she did with the last one.

13. fastbolt

fastbolt

We're still awaiting further action here in the 9th over the challenge to the newest mag capacity law. (Banning previously-owned grandfathered hi-cap mags.) A LOT of brand new hi-caps were shipped into the state in the brief span of time before the federal judge issued a stay against his own order, but I haven't heard if/when the ongoing case is going to go before an en banc panel.

The interesting thing is that the fed judge's original decision on the new law seems to indicate that not only would the new law banning previously owned "grandfathered" hi-caps (under the old law) be unconstitutional ... but it might make the whole long-standing state law restricting mag capacity unconstitutional.

You can imagine why the state is pushing back hard. Not only might the newest law get tossed, but the original law, as well. (Fingers crossed)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  14. Blanton

Blanton

^^THIS. I'm convinced that 'gun control' efforts will continue until this happens on a large scale.

vba likes this.
  15. Baba Louie

Baba Louie

Single shot rifles and handguns... why stop at 10?

When they outlaw guns, we'll have a nation of outlaws... with guns.

AND, IIRC (Haynes v US), outlaws cannot register their guns because that'd be all 5th amendment violation, so... go outlaw or go unarmed... :dunno: how that works actually?

I tend to ride wid da law most of the time myself

Hey. Once uncle sugar has us all disarmed (HAH!) will the Coppers then be required to "protect and serve" via a new SCOTUS ruling (Warren v DC)?

Or are we still... on our own?

Muahahahahaha

Very sage to buy reduced round count weaponry now. Darn it anyway. All the good ones will be sold out before I get there. Too bad. Soo sad. aha

Now... Why didn't I think of that?

Oh. BTDT. Wheelguns and 1911s accumulated over the past 40 years and my bases are covered and I still feel fine. A newer G43 and... I carry a spare magazine. Doh!

Not to mention single shots.

Wait. OMG! I think I found an empty spot in my accumulation pile. No single shot handguns.

Gotta find an old TC Contender or Rem XP-100. Then I'll be... 9 rounds down.

Maybe

16. michael_b

michael_b Elementary, my dear Watson.

A) vote
    B) Buy high cap anyway if you’re worried. You can always buy low cap mags. High caps will jump in value and probably be grandfathered.

VIS07 and Lagamor like this.
  17. 'Ol Grandad

'Ol Grandad Director of civil unrest

Don't ask, don't tell.

VIS07, Blanton, Quigley and 2 others like this.
  18. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

Just stock up on full capacity mags. If its banned you already have them.

michael_b likes this.
  19. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

Why not just use a G19 magazine with an Xgrip at this point?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

michael_b likes this.
  20. evlbruce

evlbruce

It's the .45 lobby, they're behind it all!

CZ 97, Jericho 45, P220...

45caldan and Mr Meeseeks like this.
  21. 6Actual

6Actual Southern Backwater Mafia

Wow, a thread discussing how to bow and grovel gracefully to Big .Gov
    [​IMG]

TacticalDesire, VIS07, NAZG26 and 2 others like this.