Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m in the fortunate position to be able to buy two guns in the next two months. One gun I know I’m going to get is a Smith and Wesson 442. I like the idea of pocket carry and am looking forward to the challenge of learning to shoot it well. (Then get Crimson Trace Laser grips for it. :supergrin:)

But the second gun is where I’m getting messed up. I have a G36 for carry, love it, and shoot it well. But I want a 9mm for CCW as well and I’m stuck on my choices

1) Walther PPK - I know it’s not a 9mm but it’s got a high coolness factor. Always wanted one. Have also heard the triggers suck but when I fondled one in a gun shop it didn’t seem so bad. Have also heard that there is a remote chance the gun can discharge when dropped on the muzzle. (Something I don’t plan to do.) Am also a lefty and not a fan of the decocker being on the left side. But it’s flat and looks like it’ll carry well. .380 ammo is a bear to get, however, and it’s stopping power is, well, a .380. But the gun shop guy said “It’s a good gun.”

2) Walther PPS - Conceals well, thin, "Glock like” well made but have been told the thin grips make recoil a bit much. True? Also ugly in my opinion. Aesthetics are low on my list of priorities, but hey.

3) Glock 26 - Tried and true. Concealable but a bit thick.

4) Glock 19 - Also tried and true but somewhat think and harder to conceal. And with a G36 and a 442 I think my CCW needs are covered. But none of the pistols I own have serious firepower. I do own a G17 but since I’m in NJ and limited to 15 round mags I can only use ten rounders in it. So a G19 might cover both the carry and firepower requirements. People carry them IWB all the time.

5) Don’t like Kahrs, HKs or Sigs and while I love my 1911 I don’t want a mini version.

Thoughts gentleman? (And ladies) Thanks.

·
Registered
59,811 Posts
My opinion which is worth exactly what you paid for it is that the Glock 26 is the J frame of pistols.

·
Registered
14,887 Posts
It sounds like your compact carry gun needs are more than met when you get the 442. Between it and the 36 you should be good. Since you are limited to 15rd mags the 19 fits perfect for you. A great hi-cap plinker/HD gun that can be carried easily if you want some firepower.

·
SIG and Glock
679 Posts
I would choose either of the Glocks. I perfer the 19 as it is one of my favorites and my choice for my carry gun.:wavey:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts