close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CHL info for ARK TN KY

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Buzzo, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Buzzo

Buzzo

I have my CHL license in Texas, I have read a couple sites that pretty much say my Texas CHL will work for Arkansas, Tennessee, and Kentucky but I wanted to make sure. thanks!

2. liberty addict

liberty addict

Try http://handgunlaw.us

3. CJCinTN

CJCinTN

I would go to handgunlaw.us as liberty addict suggested. It is a good website to use to check on information like you are looking for.

4. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Each will honor your TX permit. It isn't required to inform if you're pulled over in each of those state, it's just common sense to do so. :wavey:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  5. dnuggett

dnuggett PRO 2A

Asking an internet forum is not making sure. Look the information up for yourself with DPS. It's way too important to rely on the internet for the answer.

6. Nest

Nest

I would also call either the DPS or state or local police if you will be traveling to another state that recognizes your permit. When ever I do I call them and ask what their specific laws are regarding my permit. Where I can and cannot carry, does it have to be concealed, and any restrictions I have by carrying with an out of state permit. TN police seem to be very accepting of legal carry, and I live here. When I first carried into KY I called the state police and they seemed to be accepting as well. So calling may also give you an idea of the local authorities mentality of carrying, especially if you call a local department where you will be visiting.

Just keep in mind that reciprocity with states is just one of thousands of laws that are constantly changing. Don't expect a local LEO to know if your permit is valid in their state. It's impossible to know every law, and if it is something they have never dealt with then they may not know. Just something to be aware of in case you print or open carry and are stopped.

7. Buzzo

Buzzo

thanks guys.

8. hikerpaddler

hikerpaddler

Correct. It's easy to look up.

9. Eyescream

Eyescream hates you

Here's a list of all the states with which Tennessee has an agreement. From the horse's mouth, so to speak.