CHL and State Fair of Texas

Discussion in 'Lone Star Glockers' started by aerod1, Oct 1, 2007.

1. aerod1

aerod1 NRA Life Member

This may have been addressed before but just in case, here is the oficial word. Yes you can carry a concealed handgun in the State Fair of Texas, PROVIDED YOU HAVE A CHL. Here is their official link http://www.bigtex.com/generalinfo/faqs/bring.html

Jim Hall:thumbsup:

2. Philipp2

Philipp2

As I read it, a CHL holder may bring in his Glock, but not his Swiss Army knife?:upeyes:

3. jmsfmtex

jmsfmtex

I was happy to read this. It shows that they respect the CHL and trust the holder.

I would like to see, someday, where you can carry anyplace.

4. novium

novium

This is rumor, mainly cause I haven't made it over to there, but I've heard of the "supervisors" taking their sweet time getting over there to approve the CHL and allow entry. Just a rumor, but something to keep in mind.

5. ferretray

ferretray

I went to the fair yesterday. As I approached the security person (She was "wanding" attendees) I advised her that I had a CCW license and had a firearm on my person. I showed her my DL/CCW licenses and she sent me to the LEO on duty, just inside the grounds. He checked my licenses and allowed me to go about my business.
    It turned out that yesterday was senior citizen day. I must of had my toe's run over 20 times by scooters/wheelchairs. I belive their motto is "Lead, follow or get out of the way".
    Very few hotties in attendance. I did encounter a female LEO of my acquantance. Nothing like getting a hug from a tall blonde with a badge. You know you're jealous :supergrin:
    Watch out for pickpockets.

6. Philipp2

Philipp2

So, ferretray - Did they check you out for a pocketknife? Just to make sure. ;)

7. ferretray

ferretray

As I was gearing up for the day I seemed to remember some kind of "Issue" with knives @ the fair. I decided to leave mine at home.
    Turns out I did'nt need one for the BBQ and pizza :supergrin:

8. aerod1

aerod1 NRA Life Member

I went on Texas O/U day and I showed my CHL and TDL to the security person with the metal detector wand. He said, "Is your piece in your pocket"? I said, "No", and pointed to my IWB at 3:00 o'clock )All you can see is where it clips on my belt and pants). He said, "You're OK, go ahead". He was very friendly and did not check for a knife or anything else. It seems to me they don't want the handgun in your pocket, just in case you get on a ride that happens to go upside down. That really makes sense to me.
    It was absolutely painless. PLEASE.....Be sure to keep it secure if you happen to get on any amusement rides!!! It does not look good for any of us if your handgun unexpectedly comes flying out for everyone to witness or worse yet discharges and hits an innocent person. This is a good thing but all it takes is for one thoughtless person to mess it up for everyone. All I am saying is "be careful".....and have fun!
    :)

9. romotx

romotx

I am going tomorrow, hope I don't have any trouble.