close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Chili is God's...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by gwalchmai, Feb 5, 2010.

1. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

...way of telling us she loves us and wants us to be happy.

One of my coworkers brought in a crockpot of red for us to enjoy with nachos today for lunch. UMMMM! Worth every shiver of sleeping in the basement. :eat:

What are your favorite chili recipes?

2. tarpleyg

tarpleyg

Well for me...pretty much any chili WITHOUT beans. Damn beans can wreck an otherwise awesome bowl of the stuff.

Greg

3. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Believer

"she"?
    Oh My, are you in for a great big surprise!:rofl:

Chili is the sauce of life.
    Necessary for man's continued existence on this world.

And, good Chili has beans in it.
    And lot's of crackers.

4. okie

okie GT Mayor

I do love me some chili, but I ain't got a good recipe:crying:

5. Indy_Guy_77

Indy_Guy_77 Thread Killer

Today was "chili cook-off day" at my wife's work.

She was this year's nominee from her "team" to bring their team's entry.

She had the crock-pot on all night.

I had a nice bowl of chili for BREAKFAST this morning.

And then I had, along with a PoBoy at lunch, a small bowl of red beans 'n rice.

I'm going to entertain myself all night... My poor wife...

-J-

6. DR. HOUSE

DR. HOUSE Everybody Lies

I dont really have a set in stone recipe. I do lots of cooking, taught myself. When your parents are divorced and your home alone, you learn to cook. I cook the way my grandma does. A pinch of this and a handfull of that, no measuring spoons or stuff like that here.

Heres the ingredients I used in my last batch.

2 lbs ground beef.
    1 can tomato paste
    1 can tomato sauce
    1 can fire roasted tomatos
    1 can kidney beans
    1 can red beans
    1 can pinto beans
    1 chopped onion
    garlic
    2 dried chile peppers
    salt and pepper to taste

A little pickapeppa sauce, spicy and bold, not hot.

Maby a little chipotle tabasco sauce.

Water to get the right thickness.

I know im forgetting something...................

[​IMG]

7. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

One thing I do different is instead of ground beef I get a steak or two and cube it into quarter-inch cubes or coarse-grind it.

And yes, I'm pro-bean and pro-cracker.

8. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Have you not seen the suffering in this world? Who but a woman would have the tenacity to hold such a grudge? If God were a man he would have just gone fishing long ago... ;)

9. tarpleyg

tarpleyg

I betcha put ketchup in your chili too...right? YACK!!!

Greg

10. Twisted Steel

Twisted Steel And Sex Appeal

:rofl::rofl:

Oh boy, he just keeps digging and digging.

11. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

I'm open-minded, not barbaric. :shocked:

BTW, I work with a guy who puts ketchup on everything he eats. I freaked when he put it on a Wendy's chicken sandwich!

12. Kona2004

Kona2004

My wife makes a mean batch of chili...hot and with a lot of meat. I believe we're having some for the Super Bowl. :supergrin: It's so good, I can eat the leftovers straight from fridge without being warmed up.

13. DR. HOUSE

DR. HOUSE Everybody Lies

I love pb sandwiches with my chili, yummy.........

14. Just1More

Just1More

I make the best chili. Black Bean and Sirloin. Thanks.

15. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor CLM

If God had meant for Man to eat Chilli, HE would have made toilet paper out of snow flakes instead of paper!:supergrin:

For a Yankee, I think I make a good chilli and friends and family love it. My "secret" is to subsitute a can of tomato soup instead of tomato sauce and thicken it up with tomato paste and to be sure to use only B&M Kidney Beans ( yeah...I like beans in my chilli!:supergrin:).

The best batch I ever made used a mix of moose and bear burger. Only time I've had bear meat and liked it.

16. Kona2004

Kona2004

That is good. I like to fold my sandwich in half with a scoop or two of chili inside.

17. unit 900

unit 900

I'm sure this is old stuff, but the chili judging joke never fails to have me in stitches

Frank: "Recently, I was honored to be selected as a judge at a chili cooking contest. The original person called in sick at the last moment and I happened to be standing there at the judge's table asking for directions to the Coors Light truck, when the call came in. I was assured by the other two judges (native Texans) that the chili wouldn't be all that spicy and, besides, they told me I could have free beer during the tasting, so I accepted." Here are the scorecards from the advent:

(Frank Judge #3)

Chili # 1 Eddie's Maniac Monster Chili...
    Judge # 1 --! A little too heavy on the tomato. Amusing kick.

Judge # 2 -- Nice, smooth tomato flavor. Very mild.

Judge # 3 -- (Frank) What the hell is this stuff?! You could remove dried paint from your driveway. Took me two beers to put out the flames. I hope that's the worst one. These Texans are crazy!

Chili # 2 Austin's Afterburner Chili...

Judge # 1 -- Smoky, with a hint of pork. Slight jalapeno tang.

Judge # 2 -- Exciting BBQ flavor; needs more peppers to be taken seriously.

Judge # 3 -- Keep this out of the reach of children. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to taste besides pain. I had to wave off two people who wanted to give me the Heimlich maneuver. They had to rush in more beer when they saw the look on my face.

Chili # 3 Ronny's Famous Burn Down the Barn Chili...

Judge # 1 -- Excellent firehouse chili. Great kick. Needs more beans.

Judge # 2 -- A beanless chili, a bit salty, good use of peppers.

Judge # 3 -- Call the EPA. I've located a uranium spill. My nose feels like I have been snorting Drano. Everyone knows the routine by now.
    Get me more beer before I ignite. Barmaid pounded me on the back, now my backbone is in the front part of my chest. I'm getting pie-eyed from all of the beer...

Chili # 4 Dave's Black Magic...

Judge # 1 -- Black bean chili with almost no spice. Disappointing.

Judge # 2 -- Hint of lime in the black beans. Good side dish for fish, or other mild foods; not much of a chili.

Judge # 3 -- I felt something scraping across my tongue, but was unable to taste it. Is it possible to burn out taste buds? Sally, the barmaid, was standing behind me with fresh refills. That 300-lb. woman is starting to look HOT...just like this nuclear waste I'm eating! Is chili an aphrodisiac?

Chili # 5 Lisa's Legal Lip Remover...

Judge # 1 -- Meaty, strong chili. Cayenne peppers freshly ground, adding considerable kick. Very impressive.

Judge # 2 -- Chili using shredded beef, could use more tomato. Must admit the cayenne ! peppers make a strong statement.

Judge # 3 -- My ears are ringing, sweat is pouring off my forehead, and I can no longer focus my eyes. I farted and four people behind me needed paramedics. The contestant seemed offended when I told her that her chili had given me brain damage. Sally saved my tongue from bleeding by pouring beer directly on it from the pitcher. I wonder if I'm burning my lips off. It really pisses me off that the other judges asked me to stop screaming. Screw those rednecks.

Chili # 6 Pam's Very Vegetarian Variety...

Judge # 1 -- Thin, yet bold vegetarian variety chili. Good balance of spices and peppers.

Judge # 2 -- The best yet. Aggressive use of peppers, onions, and garlic. Superb.

Judge # 3 -- My intestines are now a straight pipe filled with gaseous, sulfuric flames. I pooped on myself when I farted and I'm worried it will eat through the chair! No one seems inclined to stand behind me anymore. I need to wipe my butt with a snow cone.

Chili # 7 Carla's Screaming Sensation Chili...

Judge # 1 -- A mediocre chili with too much reliance on canned peppers.

Judge # 2 -- Ho-hum; tastes as if the chef literally threw in a can of chili peppers at the last moment. **I should take note that I am worried about Judge # 3. He appears to be in a bit of distress, as he is cursing uncontrollably.

Judge # 3 -- You could put a grenade in my mouth, pull the pin, and I wouldn't feel a thing. I've lost sight in one eye, and the world sounds like it is made of rushing water. My shirt is covered with chili, which slid unnoticed out of my mouth. My pants are full of lava to match my shirt. At least during the autopsy, they'll know what killed me.
    I've decided to stop breathing; it's too painful. Screw it; I'm not getting any oxygen anyway. If I need air, I'll just suck it in through the 4-inch hole in my stomach.

Chili # 8 Karen's Toenail Curling Chili...

Judge # 1 -- The perfect ending, this is a nice blend chili. Not too bold, but spicy enough to declare its existence.

Judge # 2 -- This final entry is a good, balanced ! chili. Neither mild, nor hot. Sorry to see that most of it was lost when Judge # 3 farted, passed out, fell over, and pulled the chili pot down on top of himself.
    Not sure if he's going to make it. Poor fella, wonder how he'd have reacted to really hot chili?"

Judge # 3 -- Oh God.........

18. kahoys

kahoys

Its just got to be Wendy's served with cornbread of course, you can cheat that as well, hushpuppies from Long John's will fill the bill. Still beats that stuff out of the can.

19. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

If you make it with beans, it's a spicy bean soup ... not chili.

Chili is best eaten in Texas. We have miles and miles of open prairie and the cattle don't mind the smell much at all. :cowboy:

20. BEER

BEER bad example

only a woman be be mean enough to give a man two heads and only enough blood to operate one at a time. lol.

and that makes it obvious which head you're currently thinking with, and it aint the one with the brain in it. lol :tongueout: