Children As Young As 6 Are Taking Up Arms In Mexico

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by LinuxLover, Jan 24, 2020.

1. LinuxLover

LinuxLover Ba-nan-nah-nuh

LINK HERE
    (With full credits)

[​IMG]
    Nineteen children were conscripted into a vigilante group that for years has been battling drug gangs in Mexico’s Guerrero state. The recruits are as young as 6. (is that an M1?)
    (Cuartoscuro)
    By Kate LinthicumStaff Writer
    Jan. 23, 2020
    5:31 PM
    MEXICO CITY —
    In a lawless stretch of western Mexico, children as young as 6 are taking up arms against organized crime.

This week, 19 children were conscripted into a vigilante group that for years has been battling drug gangs in restive Guerrero state. Images published by local journalists of the initiation ceremony — in which uniformed, rifle-wielding boys performed military-style maneuvers — drew outrage across Mexico, with human rights officials condemning the exercise as child abuse

A leader of the vigilante group said in a phone interview Thursday that an increase in violence in the region and the absence of government intervention have left the community with no choice but to arm even its children.

“They must be prepared,” said Bernardino Sanchez Luna, who founded the self-defense group known as the CRAC-PF. “If they are afraid, the criminals will kill them like little chickens.”

Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador was elected in 2018 on a promise to combat crime by giving poor Mexicans better economic opportunities. How about allowing people to own firearms?*

That strategy, which he dubbed “hugs, not bullets,” * has so far been unsuccessful, with the country reporting more than 35,000 homicides last year.

[*emphasis mine) How's this working out.... huh?

ithaca_deerslayer and Caver 60 like this.
  2. racerford

racerford

So their concern is the vigilante groups arming children, not the drug cartels that are killing the children. Maybe if they put effort into crushing the cartels, there wouldn’t be vigilante groups.

NoJoy, nursetim, catman71 and 4 others like this.

3. Quijibo

Quijibo King Doofus.

Meh, my kids were going to the range at that age.....
    :couch:

NoJoy and Rotn1 like this.
  4. Caver 60

Caver 60

But Mexico has such strict gun control laws. Hasn't that stopped the crime, especially the murders. Lets see, in excess of 35 thousand? What's gone wrong there?

5. Schrag4

Schrag4

They take the bribes or they get killed by the cartels. It’s that simple.

6. Rellik

Rellik Kwisatz Haderach in Training

I don't know the spainish but in english its silver or lead.

First shot likes this.
  7. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Cartels pay better then the vigilantes.

First shot likes this.
  8. ScarFace88

ScarFace88 NOT MOD APPROVED

Plata o Plomo.

Rellik and PatinAz like this.
  9. First shot

First shot

“the absence of government intervention” is what sticks out like a sore thumb in the article... The majority of good people in Mexico, along with the good people of other Latin American countries simply lack the capability to overthrow and replace the criminals in government that have forced their way into power...One of the reasons the US is so special, is that the revolution from tyranny happened 240 years ago, and we’ve been able to remain that way...The Founders did it then because they knew that time would only add to the difficulty...Many countries have had it but couldn’t keep it...Our Founders were the best of the best...

Rellik, surf n turf and 63Bravo like this.
  10. IAhunter

IAhunter Venor ergo sum

Just north of the wall, Cochise County, Arizona
    Mexico is a third world sierra hotel. Although I live less that ten miles away, I won't go there, ever. The violence that is reported in U.S. media is but a small fraction of what is really going on down there.

Repeat after me. Mexico is our friend, we should allow all of their people in the U.S. illegally, now drink your CNN/MSNBC kool aid and move along. Nothing to see here.

Maine, Caver 60, Doc Holliday and 2 others like this.
  11. surf n turf

surf n turf

I've spent a fair amount of time traveling around ol' Mexico. There is a lot right about that country and a lot wrong with it. The right of the people to keep and bear arms would go a long ways in helping what's wrong with it.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    First shot, Caver 60 and LostinTexas like this.
  12. LostinTexas

LostinTexas Exploring Alternate Routes

Kids fighting Cartels spark outrage.
    Kid the same age paraded out to kill "Infidels" by the religion of peace? Crickets.

Both are tragic, one is survival, the other is indoctrination.

Maine, Caver 60 and Batesmotel like this.
  13. Longbow

Longbow Millennium Member

Fake news! Mexico has a very strict gun control measure. ' can't be happening in Mexico.

Caver 60 likes this.
  14. LinuxLover

LinuxLover Ba-nan-nah-nuh

The way I see Mexico is that it is so far broken that it is non-repairable by now. Corruption in all the police, politicians, govenors and people who might have had good intentions at the beginning, become corrupt when they achieve power or authority.

I had many real Mexicans in my apartments and as such they were exceptional tenants. Even they disliked the illegals, the chollos and bangers.

They went through all the paperwork, documents and legal stuff to become citizens, and as such they had no love for fence hoppers nor swimmers.

These tenants had their old heritages but mostly they were exceptional cooks, loving spiritually minded tight family units, had Triple A insurance and newer cars.

We had many hours in recreational enjoyment and times spent at weddings, graduations .... and fiestas for... well.....just because. They wanted nothing to do with bringing the misery and murders, hate and discontent from the place in which they formally lived.

15. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

Not sure if M1 carbine in background. Seems that style.

Looks like a single shot shotgun to the right. Bolt-action to the left. In the front is some kinda old semi-auto.

I bet all 4 take different boolits. Doubt all 4 work.

That's what the left wants for us, a few broken down guns. In fact, they want us to be Mexico.

16. LostinTexas

LostinTexas Exploring Alternate Routes

Most legal Mexicans I know are much (exactly) the same. They can party with the best of them and aren't opposed to people they like being a part.
    Most if not all of those morons that want to make the US Mexico again have never been there and probably couldn't point Mexico out on a globe. The "Caravans" that are coming from South America are way too well funded and don't seem to be trying to get away from much of anything, or they wouldn't be parading behind their flag, playing their national anthem.

catman71 likes this.
  17. oneofthose

oneofthose

Yeah, I think that one in the back is an M1 Carbine, looks like sling is tied through the oiler/sling slot in the stock, type 1 barrel band

catman71 and ithaca_deerslayer like this.
  18. catman71

catman71 Spewer of TROOF

Mexican.’s have such a beautiful culture

ithaca_deerslayer likes this.
  19. First shot

First shot

Made some good Mexican friends when I lived in Texas.. Nado Mendez, probably the best, used to tell me this.. “We’ve lived severely oppressed for many generations...As a means of survival we’ve learned to subsist on very little...that’s why we can make such good food out of very simple things and also why we can keep old Chevys running with coat-hangers and duct tape.” We’d all laugh and have another tamale and beer...