Chick-fil-A Caves to the Far Left

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by IvanVic, Nov 18, 2019.

1. IvanVic

IvanVic

I’ll be emailing them too. Everyone should. Unfortunately the left is dedicated to voicing their opinion. The right is lacking in that regard.

n2g, B C and Glock Commando like this.
  2. elkhart

elkhart

I know, I was totally disgusted seeing all those LGBTQ folks turned away at Chic-fil-a. Hateful bigots, all of them.

n2g likes this.

3. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

Lots of people like it but it is way more salty than I prefer. That said, most fast food stuff is.

4. Chui

Chui

Look up the following word string:

“Neoconservative, Trotsky”

You’re welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

serve_and_protect likes this.
  5. B C

B C

6. Silvertiger27

Silvertiger27

How are there still people and companies in 2019 stupid enough to think that conceding anything to the psychotic, fanatical Marxist terror cult is a good idea?

I get that normal, rational people can be naive enough to think that leftists are human and possess the capacity for reason and basic decency. No one likes to accept the reality that millions of their neighbors are functionally monsters. But in 2019? Come on, time to get the head out of the sand.

elkhart and B C like this.
  7. IvanVic

IvanVic

8. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

So does this mean the many Liberals who post here will now start praising Chick-fil-A food?

9. Uncle Mark

Uncle Mark Bitter American

I was very disappointed to hear the news. I was hoping that it was just another rumor. I've always supported Chik Fi A in the past. I hope Hobby Lobby sticks by their beliefs. The left just keeps chipping away like an evil cancer.

ked and n2g like this.
  10. ExecutiveWill

ExecutiveWill

Should we believe and/or have faith in what you just said then? ;)

11. FAS1

FAS1

Sounds like a shift in the focus of their donating and when building a nationwide or international business it's hard to do without being more neutral in the political fight. Did they cave? Maybe. I'm sure they are tired of all the opposition when they want to open new businesses in metropolitan areas.

Our city (San Antonio) denied them a permit in the airport and it made national news. Did they get the permit? No, so from a business standpoint what did all our support do for them regarding the opposition they get from city governments?

I would like to see the CFA still receive their support because that's probably where most of their young employees come from and look at how great the service is with them. It's a great youth organization.

If they are helping the homeless more now then that also means they are helping homeless vets. If they donate straight to local food banks wouldn't that accomplish the same thing as donating to the Salvation Army?

My donations go straight to my Church for the most part and we give straight to specific needs in the community. I'm really not very involved in what Chick Fil A donates to because I just don't eat there very much, even though I do like it. I will still support them.

NJ1911 and Bow Commander like this.
  12. IvanVic

IvanVic

Because of pressure from far left activists who will continue to seek their destruction. One could argue that this is a terrible business move. At the very least it's pathetic from a principle standpoint.

-leftists still won't eat there, and will still seek to destroy them
    -they run the risk of losing a portion of their Christian customers, or perhaps people won't go out of their way to support them

And they have every right to choose money over principles (though it's debatable whether this will help or hurt their bottom line). They are choosing to be more neutral with their donations (I used that terminology myself regarding their donations), but they are not "neutral" in the political debate anymore. They have decidedly caved to leftism. I don't consider that to be neutral.

I will still eat there from time to time, but I will no longer go out of my way to support them as we have in the past.

n2g and elkhart like this.
  13. paynter2

paynter2 It ain't over Millennium Member

Listening to Red Eye Radio last night I go the impression that Chick Fillet (CF) didn't 'switch sides'. I was sleeping and heard snippets on and off... The guys at RER said that CF will continue to contribute to various causes. They are true to their Christian base - but distribute funds to different needy organizations - including those with various sexual proclivities.

I'm not going to join the CF lynching party just yet. I don't want to have to pull my foot (and leg) out of my mouth. I'll wait to see...

FAS1 likes this.
  14. UncleDave

UncleDave

What this boils down to is a certain group of people trying to force everyone to think, act, and believe as they do.

What if the tables were turned? Would they agree that those on the Right have the right to do the same thing the Left is doing now? Of course they wouldn't. They truly believe they are 100% benevolent and the Right is 100% evil.

We MUST include them, we MUST employ them, we MUST make accommodations for them in every conceivable way, yet they apparently are free to refuse the same accommodations to others. Would any Leftist-run corporation knowingly employ CCW holders or registered Republicans? They can skirt the law by stating as a CCW holder and a gun owner, you pose an inherent risk to the safety of their other employees and/or customers, even though you're an exceptional employee and abide by all their rules and restrictions; or, as a Republican, that your very presence makes other employees uncomfortable; and have you fired for some fabricated performance or personnel issue.

First, it was the request that others grant the same respect and dignity and benefits as they would any other person; then, a demand that everyone must condone behaviors and ideologies that they find objectionable; now we are being forced to not only accept and condone behavior we disagree with, but we MUST stop all behaviors which they disagree with.

It is increasingly difficult to be an adult in the same room as these petulant toddlers, who want their way, all the time, right now, or else. When will the sensible people in America stand up and put a stop to it?

Uncle Mark and Lockback like this.
  15. Wake_jumper

Wake_jumper

I think they will regret that decision. I only ate there because I liked their politics. I don't like their food. Now that their politics have gone PC, I won't be going back.

16. Pluto57

Pluto57

Wow. That's true dedication to a cause.

17. FAS1

FAS1

Chick-fil-A says it has not caved to LGBTQ activists

https://www.theblaze.com/news/chick...DBwl4P5d-aCS2pLeIihIUA5F3Bo4R9s7U4Wh-1ClxTZ14

18. GlockerBill

GlockerBill

In the past, I have gone out of my way to find their restaurants to help support their belief system. Going forward, I will not boycott them, but I certainly will not go out of my way any longer. I doubt if they will gain any new customers from the left with this move.

bb85cc, elkhart and n2g like this.
  19. IvanVic

IvanVic

Playing both sides of the fence. If they weren't changing their donations, which they clearly still are, they would have released a statement reaffirming their core beliefs regarding traditional marriage and their continued support of those organizations via donations.

"No faith-based organization will be excluded." There are plenty of "faith-based" organizations that have jumped on the LGBT bandwagon. Notice how they didn't release a statement saying they'll still be donating to the specific organizations that they dropped.

It's amazing that people in such high power positions in the private sector are this stupid. Management has learned absolutely nothing from watching this play out over and over again.

Glock Commando and B C like this.
  20. lazarus66

lazarus66

Hate makes chicken taste better.