GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the first time. Not the last time. But still inexcusable reporting.

upload_2019-5-25_17-26-46.png

Man paralyzed by concealed carry holder in 2017 dies from injuries, police say
May 22, 2019

A south suburban quadriplegic who died at a suburban hospital over the weekend succumbed to injuries he suffered in 2017, when he was shot and paralyzed by a concealed carry permit holder in the city’s Calumet Heights neighborhood on the South Side, authorities said.
Ford’s injury stemmed from a Dec. 12, 2017, shooting that began with the then-18-year-old pulling his own gun on a 27-year-old man driving his vehicle into a rear yard in the 9100 block of South Harper Avenue, according to Chicago police.

The older man, a concealed carry holder, pulled his own firearm and shot the victim [emphasis added], police said. Ford was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn for treatment and was later charged with felony aggravated unlawful use of a weapon and misdemeanor aggravated assault. But the case against Ford was dropped by Cook County prosecutors nine days after his first court hearing.

Additional details at the link: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...es-2-years-after-shooting-20190522-story.html

·
JAFO
4,411 Posts
Mr. Ford is not the victim, he played a stupid game and won a stupid prize. Enjoy your dirt-nap.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Clear example of old media propaganda machine. This case : Tribune gun control agenda against gun rights concealed carry self defense.

Regarding dropping the case. Opposite of the recent hoax attack because in the 2017 case the rightful self defense conceal carry holder I'd made out to be the bad one and the criminal is made out to be a teen age victim.
The hoax case the guy who staged it has the case dropped.
Completely opposite condition.

Edit. The Tribune article was in my opinion vague about the incident and name identification of the alleged criminal. Title set the tone.

Both case the shooting case and the hoax case had similar sequence of charging the alleged violator and later dropping charges. My post was not right about that.

However, even so the Tribune report is not clear and is not favorable to the real victim of the initial crime, who defended himself with concealed carry handgun.

·
Registered
27,838 Posts
Clear example of old media propaganda machine. This case : Tribune gun control agenda against gun rights concealed carry self defense.

Regarding dropping the case. Opposite of the recent hoax attack because in the 2017 case the rightful self defense conceal carry holder I'd made out to be the bad one and the criminal is made out to be a teen age victim.
The hoax case the guy who staged it has the case dropped.
Completely opposite condition.
How is it opposite? Cases against two suspects were dropped.

In one case the case against the suspect was dropped after he was shot by the victim against whom he'd pulled a gun, and in the recent incident the case against the suspect charged with hoaxing a crime was dropped. Both suspects. Both cases dropped by Cook County prosecutor within a 2 year period.

·
King Doofus.
5,725 Posts
You mean somebody actually uses that rag for anything other than to line the bottom of a birdcage?

·
NRA Life Member
64,225 Posts
I went to the Chicago Tribune's Facebook page and looked through a few articles and at the comments under them. Makes the left-wing nuts that comment on Kentucky papers seem pretty normal. As I have said, the only thing wrong with Chicago is Chicagoans (and it's too far north). One story about 5 climbers dying on Mt. Everest had some hipster-looking nut advocating for the death of more climbers under it and another about antisemitism among Democrats had some nut talking about the Jews who control the world or something.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Typical liberal stuff.... criminal dies from injuries suffered during the commission of a felony years after the crime isn't news worthy.

Had a case here in my town of a couple perps hanging out in a Walmart parking lot looking for an easy victim picked a young mother with child. While they were beating her, good guy #1 jumps in to help her and gets shot by a perp. Good guy #2 with a legally concealed weapon shoots and kills the perp. Of course that was all in the news which was fair enough. What set me off was the family of the dead perp hold a candle light vigil in the same parking lot and the news covered the vigil. Ridiculous

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
How is it opposite? Cases against two suspects were dropped.

In o tone case the case against the suspect was dropped after he was shot by the victim against whom he'd pulled a gun, and in the recent incident the case against the suspect charged with hoaxing a crime was dropped. Both suspects. Both cases dropped by Cook County prosecutor within a 2 year period.
Case is different because self defense shooting should not have been charged and Tribune twists story by identifying the dead criminal as a teen age victim etc..
Edit:
Corrections. The concealed carrier did not get charged. The alleged criminal identified as last name "Ford" apparently was charged then the charges dropped.
End of edit

The recent hoax case plenty of evidence that the cuprit set it up etc. False report among other and even CPD wanted to charge
However due to Chicago style machine and for other left bias dropped the charge.

So superficial both case charge then dropped appear the same however combination of bias / propaganda reporting and the Chicago way substancially different cases.

That is the difference.

Spend some time in Chicago (Chicagoland) and that this is par for the course.
Edit
Update and correction
Misread the article the concealed carrier did not get charged. So my comment is incorrect regarding the concealed carrier case.
End of edit.

·
Super Moderator
18,574 Posts
Case is different because self defense shooting should not have been charged and Tribune twists story by identifying the dead criminal as a teen age victim etc..
Self defense shooting absolutely should have charged the actor, even if he was paralyzed. Seems like you, too, are looking in the wrong direction.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
OK I read the article but got it wrong. The criminal was Ford and he was the one charged not the concealed carrier.
I got the names wrong because the Tribune did not I'd the concealed carrier.
More accurate title would be Suspect died.... rather than Man died....

So Fasbolt was right.
Thanks for the comments

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Self defense shooting absolutely should have charged the actor, even if he was paralyzed. Seems like you, too, are looking in the wrong direction.
I miss read the Pulitizer Prize winning report . The concealed carrier did not get charged. The suspect was "Ford" who intially was charged.

Thanks for the comment . I went back and re-read the article because of your comment.

·
Registered
27,838 Posts
The way the media often portrays things makes it easy to miss things like this.

·
Scouts Out
1,447 Posts
If you live in one of the anti defense Cities you have to take this into consideration, I suggest you look at the insurance of the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network. Marty Hayes and Mas Ayoob know what they are doing.

·
Registered
76,100 Posts
It all worked out in the end....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts