Chicago style hotdogs - yummy!

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by Bonk, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Bonk

Bonk Millennium Member

I was stuck at O'Hare airport for part of this afternoon, and wandered over to a hotdog stand. Of course, I had to go local, so I got a beef hotdog "dragged through the garden" as they called it.

In a word - yummy. :)

Juicy all-beef dog, fresh poppyseed bun, and the "garden" - mustard, onions, a whole pickle spear, tomatoes, cucumbers, and jalapenos - just did it right. A definite thumbs up to Chicago-style hotdogs, particularly from the stand in the "B" concourse at O'Hare.

2. noway

noway

The airport makes a good dog but you have to get to the city and get a better dog. Also don't forget the maxwell polish. They are beautifull

3. Bonk

Bonk Millennium Member

Of course, I thought the little green round things were green beans...innovative ideas. That was until I bit into one...they're jalapenos or some sort of skinny hot peppers, very hot ones at that.

:)

4. Gatman

Gatman

Edit for Doubleposting...

5. Gatman

Gatman

That is one of the things I miss about Chicago. We called the Maxwell Polishs "JewTown Polish" because the Maxwell street area used to be a Jewish part of town. I love Chicago style food. Next time your in the area try some Chicago style pizza. The hotdogs are great, but the Polish's are better.

I can try and find what the little peppers are on the hotdogs but I believe they are called Serano Short Peppers. I know it is relish, mustard, onions, a giant pickle, tomatoes, peppers. Here is a link:

http://www.flukys.com/html/recipe.html

And if you want to have food shipped to your door try here:

http://www.tastesofchicago.com/

Beware, I have been to a restaurant that had a 16 lb. pizza (It was the large but my god!) Needless to say shipping would be expensive.

6. Dandapani

Dandapani