Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson fired by Mayor Lori Lightfoot

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Triple Taps, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Triple Taps

Triple Taps

2. sixgun2

sixgun2 packin heat

Fire him before he can collect pension. Wouldn’t put money on it.

3. SAR

SAR CLM

I don't know how it works in Chicago and I don't know their pension rules. If one gets "fired," in Chicago, do they lose their pension? Many pension plans protect a vested employee even if they are terminated, but I suppose it all depends on the pension plan.

IndyGunFreak and sixgun2 like this.
  4. trackstar55

trackstar55

As a police officer.....I applaud this wholeheartedly. I lost a family member to a drunk driver a few years ago. No room for lying cops who drink and drive. Glad he was fired.

BigBull 301 and slamdunc like this.
  5. Taz

Taz

Boy. I wonder what he did to piss her off??

6. trackstar55

trackstar55

he lied to her. It was the worst kept secret in Chicago. He was DRUNK DRIVING

7. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 Unapologetic Deplorable.

Can't touch it unless a felony conviction. Im thinking she did him a favor by letting him retire and not have to wait until that investigation concluded, and she gets to look like the reformer.

By all accounts a good guy personally. He did a lot for coppers who suffered family tragedy but thats just not a job people thrive in, or last at. I hope he has a good retirement.

trackstar55 and sixgun2 like this.
  8. trackstar55

trackstar55

Tomcat is right. Unless he is convicted of a felony (which he won’t be even if they initially charged him with obstructing justice which is a class 4 felony)l he keeps his pension. It is a thankless job. People don’t last long as the head of a large agency. All the more reason to watch your P’s and Q’s, behave honorably, and DONT LIE TO YOUR BOSS.

Eddie should have known better. I have no room or patience for lying cops. I work too hard and put my life on the line......so it’s super offensive when a cop does it and gets all this press. It’s the last thing cops need right now when everyone hates us already. What a jerk. He can enjoy his retirement, I don’t wish him well and I don’t wish him ill, but he is a LIAR plain and simple in a job where your integrity, honesty, and leadership is paramount. Good riddance to a drunk driving liar with no integrity. Lucky he didn’t kill someone. My family was not as lucky.

pgg00 likes this.
  9. sos4364

sos4364

Can’t say I agree with your he’s a good comments . He’s been the worst supe in the past 4 and his true colors were exposed here through his tenure . Guy was put into the position to be manipulated. Rahm made his LT test cheating scandal disappear to hold over his head and manipulate him. He marched with protestors on a highway his own department had to close down. He’s flip flopped on many police board cases and fired officers to appease the masses. Guy was the epitome of a merit hack promoted well above his means and sold his soul and dignity to remain top cop. He’s a bumbling fool that cheated his way through every rank.
    He’s done more harm to the department in his small tenure than the last 6 supes combined. He made Weiss look like an all star.

They won’t touch his pension , his Rule 14 violation in which he fired many other coppurs under won’t even be sustained. The truth of the story. He was out with his side pice that evening. Got all lit up. “Fell out” on the way home and his side piece panicked , She dialed 911 on her department issued cell phone (from narcotics ) to get him an ambulance , and she then jumped out the passenger seat and fled the scene like a true hood rat. This guy has been the biggest disgrace to ever serve at the top . We haven’t even gotten the IG report yet that’s about to outline his kickbacks for approving supplemental uniform items that weren’t approved properly in order to give the uniform store he got kick backs from the rights to certain specialty items .

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  10. knoxvegasdaddy

knoxvegasdaddy UBER VOL !!!

Plus, Jussie Smollett.

Can’t forget that situation.

as400guy1 likes this.
  11. Tomcat1977

Without question he was out of his league and over his head. But how different has he been then the past ones? Remember as chief, and later as Supe, he cleared a lot of the cases guy's later got rail roaded on. He had no control over the Fed's or outside agency's. Test cheating has been going on since we grabbed the place from the Pottawatomie.

I wouldn't expect anyone better. Or more Legit. If they bring in an outsider it will only be temporary cause thats what they do. They ride into the rescue as reformers wearing capes.

Its an old game. Ive seen about 6 iterations of it.

I wish I had a dime for every copper I drove home after finding him "passed out from not taking HBP meds" LOL. I'd be in Miami right now betting on Jai alai.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    Ohio Cop likes this.
  12. wreckless

wreckless

13. pittpa

pittpa What did I come in here for?

Fortress of Solitude on 11th floor - SW PA 'burbs
    I love reading that site, and I’m not LEO nor any way involved with Chicago. But it makes me want to stay out of that city and I feel bad for the LEO and the people who live/work there’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

trackstar55 likes this.
  14. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

Ironically, this phrase comes from alcohol consumption. English pubs had an accounting blackboard - where the number of pints and quarts were kept track of.

15. Tomcat1977

CAcop and Dave Richardson like this.
  16. as400guy1

as400guy1

She doesn't care about that. She just wants to put in her own choice.

17. Tomcat1977

She just wants to appear like she's riding in to the rescue and will save everyone from all the Politics and corruption by appointing an "interim" Boss, "and believe me he will be very Interim", until the heat dies down and she can put her own guy in. And it will be right back to business.

Testing, discipline, unit assignments, and promotions will never be Legit because the centers of power in the city are all used to getting their people taken care of. The city and the Dept. will never have the trust of the rank and file.

18. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Friends Call Me "Flash"

I've posted many times about the crooked Chicago Police Department and obviously, the corruption extends all the way to the top dog. Kickbacks, payoffs and deception are a way of life in Chicago and the cops are for sale in that city.

The only way to clean up Chicago is to replace the entire Police force with people who don't have allegiance to the Political Machine. Until then, it's business as usual.

Flash

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  19. as400guy1

as400guy1

I think you are talking out of your....

You obviously don't know any LEO as it is obvious you have no idea of what you are talking about.

There isn't a single rank and file CPD i know that is "corrupt".
    Corruption there is reserved for Lts and higher.

20. SAR

SAR CLM

Corruption doesn’t exist in a vacuum. How is there corruption in the higher ranks if there isn’t a single corrupt rank and file officer? Unlike the military, police ranks promote from the bottom up.