Chicago mayor: Police 'are losing the streets' to major eruptions of violence

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DonGlock26, Jul 17, 2019.

1. MAG40 Student

MAG40 Student

DAKA,

Then your friends must be willfully blind or terribly ill-informed, as these incidents all took place in the "good" areas:

http://www.cwbchicago.com/2019/07/lincoln-park-seven-shot-on-lakefront.html?m=1

http://www.cwbchicago.com/2019/07/loop-cops-seeking-man-and-woman-in.html?m=1

http://www.cwbchicago.com/2019/07/lakeview-man-pistol-whipped-carjacked.html?m=1

http://www.cwbchicago.com/2019/07/depaul-student-found-with-throat.html?m=1

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8kKrfpxC1w

Two words of free advice for the lawfully licensed in Chicago: ALWAYS CARRY.

Such a damn shame what's happened to that once great city.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  2. thewitt

thewitt

I spend three or four days every two other month in Chicago, and there are now major hotels in what were once in great areas downtown I will not longer stay in, and lots of restaurants that no longer get my business because they are in areas that are not safe.

When the hotel staff tell you to stay in the lobby until the Uber arrives, and do not walk to a restaurant that is only 4 blocks away, you know you are in a bad area.

I still go as my business demands it, however I stay 45 minutes away and avoid areas that used to be very safe to just walk through in the evening.

No longer.

Jan R Whitaker likes this.

3. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

Not a bad idea. Thin the herd, stack the bodies and things may slow down. Win-Win, IMO. :dunno:

4. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977

The streets were lost 20 years ago. Trust me. I guess she just never got the memo. Last night the over/under was 18/2 but it was just to hot for any more. https://heyjackass.com/

Had another mass shooting at 2400 N LSD last night too, "remember the song"?

Well 2400 N is where the "riches" are not the "rats", the Condo's go for $million +. I say "mass" because 6 were shot from two groups "no descriptions" and a 7'th showed up at another Hospital with a chest wound.

Luckily it wasn't a white High School kid or it would have been plastered over every noozpaper in the world.

And let me tell you another thing about inner city "mass shootings" be it in the ghetto or, like now, a traveling circus out clowning in the rich side of the tracks. We'd have many more to add to the stats except they tend to trickle into different Hospital ER's all with the same story, "victim was walking down the street when an bullet hit him from an unk offender using an unk weapon".

And since every gangster gives a different address of occurrence UCR records far fewer mass shootings because they have to be from the same address at about the same time to be a mass shooting. And just how hard do you think the authorities are going to dig to prove a shooting was "mass" when it makes them look worse and there are no complainants/witness's who saw anything or will cooperate?

A plain Jane regular single shooting looks far better, "after all theres about 4,000 a year anyways", and "mass" ones sound like "Iraq" which rhymes with "Chiraq".

So there are far, far more mass shootings in these 'hoods, and now far nicer 'hoods, then are actually reported under UCR.

Enjoy the song. Its a pretty Drive, just remember to duck.

5. 1bigK

1bigK

I suspect that they may have been lost 50 years ago. Late 60’s and early 70’s Al and Jessie were on their virtual non-stop tour of visiting racial hotspots around the country to keep the pot stirred. Chicago and Milwaukee were a regular stop for those race baiters.

Late 70’s the Crips and Bloods were starting their turf battles coast to coast, later to be subdivided into smaller, more regional gangs and joined buy Mexican, PR, South American gangs, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. MAG40 Student

MAG40 Student

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=13350456&postID=522914072903956281&bpli=1

With apologies to Aliotta, Haynes, and Jermiah . . .

Lake Shore Drive (Updated)

There's a road I'd like to tell you about, lives in my home town
    Lake Shore Drive the road is called and it'll take you up or down
    From rags on up to riches fifteen minutes you be fly
    Pretty blue lights along the way, bullets fly right on by
    And the blue lights shining with a heavenly grace, bullets fly right on by
    And there ain't no road just like it
    Anywhere I found
    Running south on Lake Shore Drive heading into town
    Just slippin' on by on LSD, Friday night trouble bound
    Shooting starts up north from Hollywood, my Glock on the driving side
    Concrete mountains rearing up, throwing shade on my homie's ho
    Sometimes I can hit her blunt
    get my mind just feeling fine
    There ain't no finer place to cap GDs than Lake Shore Drive
    There's no peace of mind, or safe place to be, when capping on Lake Shore Drive
    Anywhere I found
    Shooting it out on Lake Shore drive heading into town
    Just shooting it out on LSD, Friday night trouble bound
    And it's Friday night and your ride is clean
    Too early to pop off rounds
    Then a ten round burst in the Gold Coast makes hits and they're heaven bound
    Now it's four o'clock in the morning and all of my rivals have been slain
    Just me and my Glock and Lake Shore Drive, tomorrow is another day
    A dead rival's fine in the morning time, tomorrow is another day
    Anywhere I found
    Shooting it out on Lake Shore Drive heading into town
    Just shooting it out on LSD, Friday night trouble bound

7. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

I'm not dwelling on specific details (yet), just an overview and contrast of the "highlights" from before 2008, 2008 - 2016, and 2016 through the present.

Illinois, and especially Chicago, should be the end all of the anti-gunners paradise and nirvana, but for some reason it is not. Go figure huh.

8. 1bigK

1bigK

Democrat politicians from Illinois have a long history of thumbing their collective noses at federal gun laws that run counter to their anti-rights agenda. I have never understood how they seem to remain immune to federal law and therefore able to do as they damn well please.

Probably the same way that they avoid ever prosecuting their murderous gangbangers. “Federal laws? We don’t need no stinking federal laws.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Too involved to go into, but, Chicago's criminals (ca. 20's & 30's) were a focal point and excuse in the war on Liberty against law abiding Americans. Started blaming the gun back then and haven't stopped.

10. Gray_Rider

Gray_Rider

Gee, and I wonder whose fault this is?

Seems like whomever said "When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.", was spot on, and no pun intended, dead right.

Seems like there are an awful lot of honest citizen- NRA card carrying-gun owners up there, as these are the people the commie libs seem to be most afraid of, while they butter the bread of the hard core criminals and provide them all the bullet fodder they can muster at the least possible cost. Shackling the nasty old RAAAACISSSSST cops and punishing them for doing their jobs I.E. taking out the trash and cleaning out the rot.

Clearly the mark of the "reprobate mind" God promised to give the heathen over to, but I can't say we didn't warn them of this.

Gray_Rider
    Old Secessh

11. ReaPer105

ReaPer105

"When we see crimes occurring, we are going to be making arrests."

What a novel concept, wonder why no one ever thought of that before?

12. rj1939

rj1939

That is assuming, that they will actually be looking for crimes.

13. marchboom

marchboom

Chicago is getting the city they deserve. Chicago citizens elect democRAT politicians so it's their fault that the crime rate is so high. They can change this but they're too stupid to admit that they elected incompetent politicians. Let the crime continue and let the rest of the U.S. see what democRATs can do to a city.