Chicago Mayor is Mad About Whites Protecting their Neighborhoods

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DonGlock26, Jun 6, 2020.

1. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

"Mayor Lori Lightfoot denounces vigilantism in Chicago after white men patrol neighborhood streets with bats

Gregory Pratt, Morgan Greene

1 day ago

[​IMG]

CHICAGO — Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot said the city will not tolerate vigilantism after groups of mostly white men patrolled the streets of the Bridgeport neighborhood on Wednesday night in response to a nearby city protest.

Multiple streets were blocked in the Bridgeport neighborhood Wednesday night as nearby protests dispersed. Near West Pershing Road, water gushed from an open fire hydrant as small groups gathered on corners. Some of the men held bats. One wore a shirt that said “All Lives Matter,” one sipped a beer and another waved at an officer as he drove by. Additional groups of people, some armed with bats, lined West 31st Street.

Asked about the situation in Bridgeport, a diversifying neighborhood that served as an Irish American power base for the Daley political family, Lightfoot said, “It is absolutely not appropriate for people to take up arms, bats, pipes, whatever in patrolling neighborhoods.”

“We’ve seen that end with tragic results across the country and we’re not about to allow that practice to happen here in Chicago. If there’s an issue, call 911,” Lightfoot said. “I absolutely support neighbors being vigilant as to what’s going on on the streets and in their blocks but taking up arms, that leads to chaos and we’re not supporting vigilantism in the city of Chicago under any circumstances.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/m...ol-neighborhood-streets-with-bats/ar-BB152S4r "

Call 911? [​IMG]

happyguy, cbetts1, larry_minn and 3 others like this.
  2. nursetim

nursetim

:rofl: :rofl: too bad Betelgeuse :animlol: :animlol: :animlol: What a miserable looking sack of protoplasm. The fact that it can find someone to sleep in the same bed, let alone have sexual relations tells me ANYONE can get laid.

3. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

What's wrong with her she looks sick or something. How could you elect somthing that ugly?

4. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

5. tuica

tuica

Protect your own neighborhood with weapons? What an American innovation. And certainly proper.

6. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

I think its become a sport to them, and you would think at some point they would be short of team players.

7. JFrame

JFrame

Zombie-Creature must be furious and frustrated that firearms are being purchased at a precipitous rate... :whistling:

8. Bradley T

Bradley T

Looting, burning, assaulting, smashing, stealing- that's "demonstrating" and falls under our constitution's protections of peaceful assembly. Carrying a bat and safeguarding your family and property is "vigilantism" and it won't be tolereted!
    I think I get it now.

9. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Private side

I’m not abdicating my self protection and relying on someone else. If a neighborhood wants to band together and support each other, that’s a good thing.

10. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

Chicago is MAGA Country anyway...what does she expect from the "Deplorables"??
    [​IMG]

seanmac45, sixgun2, happyguy and 11 others like this.
  11. Mugsie1

Mugsie1

It's not vigalantism, it's called protecting your family, your friends and everything you've worked for from these animals (I'm being restrained here) looking to destroy, injure and lot.

I see nothing wrong with what they're doing, in fact, I applaud them for it. :waving:

12. as400guy1

as400guy1

Her opponent was worse.

Bradley T and Ramjet38 like this.
  13. as400guy1

as400guy1

Funny thing, my neighborhood is quiet. No need to patrol with or without bats.

happyguy and Jade Falcon like this.
  14. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Private side

Wait. It’s ok to be VIGILANT but not be a VIGILANTE? If only those words were somehow related.
    Vigilante isn’t bad; lynch mob (not the band) not so good. A vigilante happens when someone takes law enforcement action since current law enforcement services are insufficient or ineffective. That’s quite different than administering justice (a la courts system) and punishing someone.

15. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

OMG! Must be a Chicago mutation.

happyguy, Intolerant, Lagamor and 3 others like this.
  16. tuica

tuica

And, foolish American Democrat governors, and mayors - those (George Orwell’s) “rough men, ready to do violence on those who would cause us harm,” actually prevent destruction, and injuries, in the neighborhoods they guard.

seanmac45, mc1911, happyguy and 3 others like this.
  17. ReaPer105

ReaPer105

Clearly the city can't protect their citizens. It's the citizen's God-given right to protect themselves and their property from mayhem.

seanmac45, mc1911, happyguy and 9 others like this.
  18. billorights

billorights

What's wrong with being ready in case a baseball game breaks out? Gott'a be ready in case of Bears, too. I've heard those Chicago Bears can be mean. Cubs not so much.

seanmac45, pgg00, happyguy and 4 others like this.
  19. Fatboy2001

Fatboy2001

"If there’s an issue, call 911" :animlol:

Somebody tell the "Mayor" that number is no longer in service - it has been disconnected.

seanmac45, mc1911, happyguy and 3 others like this.
  20. nursetim

nursetim

He’s happy? Isn’t that what “gay” means?