close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Checking out which sites were visited

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Generalcarry, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Generalcarry

Generalcarry NRA Member

In the last couple days:
    1. My spyware (SpySweeper) has identified a “system monitor” that I just got rid of this morning and,
    2. PC-cillin Internet Security found “mobilized software” (IP ADDRESS 192.168.1.105) trying to access my computer.
    I’m having some rooms remodeled by a trusted (?) Contractor and was wondering if these two “events” were a coincidence or if someone was messing with my computer unbeknownst to me. I suppose it could be a coincidence but I have never had any problems of this sort, ever.
    Is there a way I can see what sites were visited over the last few days?

Do you think someone is just attempting to use my computer?

2. Perrito

Perrito Millennium Member

Depends on which browser you're asking to query. The two most popular are Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Both have the ability to view the history. For Explorer if it's not a button on your top toolbar, look either in the TOOLS menu or the the VIEW menu and History is in there. For Firefox (at least my version) it's in the GO menu of the top toolbar. In Firefox the hot key combination is "CTRL H" and Firefox uses most of the same combinations as Explorer so try that first.

3. Generalcarry

Generalcarry NRA Member

I use FF but obviously have both. I checked them both and everything was all mine. Must be a coincidence.
    Thank you for your help and I'm happy to be wrong!