check your licenses

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by noway, Sep 3, 2007.

1. noway

noway

I was on my way out this early morning and realize that my license had expired last week :shocked:

So before I got on the turnpike, I had to double check and triple check and yes my license expired the 30aug and I was thinking it was good to 30sept.

So I'm heading out in the next 3 hours for a Monday labor day hunt.

Check your license on a regular basis ;)

2. vafish

vafish

At least now a days you can renew or purchase licenses on line in many states.

3. Sharker

Sharker

Good tip, my fishing lic was expired! Didnt realize it until we got back from fishing Monday! Luckily it wasnt checked, and only a couple days expired. I am also fortunate to know the local FWC officer!

4. Los Suenos

Los Suenos Guest

In Florida all you have to do is call the # on your expired one and renew with a CC. They charge a small fee but that's how I've done mine the last few years. They give you a new # to write on your old one and the new one comes in the mail in 2-3 days.

5. AKSuperDually

AKSuperDually Guest

Alaska makes it easier also.....all licenses expire on 31 Dec regardless of when you buy them. Sucks, but at least you always know. And....you can buy your license and some tags online, print them out...and take them with you.

6. Ol Timer

Ol Timer ↓ hog hunter ↓ Millennium Member

7. Keith5579

Keith5579 STONEHOUSE

No worries for me, I purchased Lifetime hunting and fishing licenses about a month ago. :banana:

8. Ghost361

Ghost361

In the spring I went to Dick's sporting goods here in ohio and purchased my sons hunting license and turkey tag and my hunting license and turkey tag. He got his first turkey but I did not fill my tag after several days of hunting. So in the fall I went in to buy my deer tags. I went to put them with my hunting license and realized that in the spring they had sold me a fishing license instead of a hunting license. Would've really sucked had I tagged a turkey. So be sure to double check them. In Ohio the licenses look identical except for really small lettering that says what kind it is.

9. cgwahl

cgwahl Sheriffs a near

I don't know about hunting licenses, but in California, fishing licenses are just good for the year. Whether I buy it January 1, 2007 or December 31, 2007...that thing expires January 1, 2008.

Throwing around the idea of getting a lifetime license, but dang are they pricey.