Check this guy out.

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by DBradD, Feb 15, 2007.

1. DBradD

DBradD Guest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWslrYQYdG8

I think the guy with the yellow bumpers is one of the best CFers out there. I can't believe how fast he demolishes Fran. The first time I did Fran, it took 16 minutes. Second time took 11:30. To do that in 3 minutes blow me away! How's that for efficiency? Entire workout over in < 4 minutes.

2. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Very cool. I work with Greg - the guy with the shaved head. He is not a human being. I have requested that he be tested for Borg components. He is a CrossFit legend, and the most fit person I have ever met. Helluva of a good guy, too. Very humble, down-to-earth and low key. Also an officer in the Army Reserve.

3. BCR

BCR BIGASS!!!!

That was insane!

Now I'm starting to understand what Crossfit is all about.;)

4. DBradD

DBradD Guest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YARXjYqC8mU

This one's nearly as amazing, but the guy has been criticized for bouncing the DLs at the bottom. Still, I'm pretty good at that WoD (well, for me, relative to the other WoD) and it takes me 11:30!

I read somewhere that this guy did Diane with 315 lb DL and full-range HSPU on parallel bars in something like 9 minutes. I'd like to see a video of that!

5. DBradD

DBradD Guest

The "MetCon" part of CF anyway! The misery during workouts like that is like nothing else I've ever done.

Tabata Squats probably provides the most exercise pain per second that's possible! You should try those sometimes if you've never done them before. 3:50 for the total workout. The first time I did those, I got 15 and could barely walk for quite a while. A couple of weeks ago, I did a PR of 22 and almost thought I was going to pass out right after the last set. Some guys do 26-27.

6. mossy500camo

mossy500camo Guest

LOL! My powerlifting buddies are saying "that you guys are going to pull something bad.":thumbsup:

7. DBradD

DBradD Guest

I tend to agree. I'm 36 and have worked out in some form or fashion, mostly weight lifting, since I was 11. I've hurt myself more in a couple of months of CF than in the other years combined. CF has a way of taking one's weaknesses and imbalances, and rubbing them in yer face!

8. mossy500camo

mossy500camo Guest

Yup! I see.;)