Check out this Remington ACR video...

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by mixflip, Jan 14, 2010.

1. mixflip

mixflip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZoCptBuiJ0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGgVfnA-2aA&feature=related

I love this gun from an efficiency point of view. Everything I complained about on my M16A2 and M4 and also things I wasn't happy about on the SIG556 and the things I thought was a poor design on the SCAR....are all answered on the ACR.

Call it "drinking the kool aide" all you want...but it honestly addresses all of the issues I had with all those other so called "next gen" AR platforms.

The ACR addresses all of these issues...

No Direct Impingement
    No high/rear mounted charging handles or right sided charging handles
    No reciprocating bolt handle
    folding butt stock with adjustable LOP
    Built in cheek weld that adjusts
    quick change butt stock from folder to sniper styles
    quick change/swappable caliber barrels
    ambidextrous selector switch
    ambidextrous bolt release
    ambidextrous mag release
    ambidextrous safety
    easy access to gas system for cleaning
    hand guard removes with no special tools

I cant think of any other rifle that hits on all of these issues except maybe the Robinson Arms XCR. The XCR's only weakness is its push button system of field stripping vs captured set pins which can get hit accidentally and break down your gun in the middle of a fire fight if you hit it? If they fix that...it would be a notch below the ACR in my opinion anyways.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  2. MavsX

MavsX The Dude Abides

that gun looks awesome. i don't know a lot about rifles. But i like the way that one looks. Really awesome animation in that first youtub video. thanks for posting.

3. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

4. BEER

BEER bad example

first it was magpul, then it was bushmaster, and now it's remington. at this rate this damned thing is going to wind up hitting the market in 20 years and it'll have hi-point stamped on it.

5. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Well, obviously pending testing...but it looks like I would much rather have that at my disposal rather than the M16/M4 family...Lightweight is a major concern I think. Carrying a heavy weapon all day plus gear isn't fun.

I would just hope it's reliable and hopefully they addressed field issues as why the M16 family is so poor. Reliability sucks, and cleaning those weapons are quite difficult without the proper tools. And god forbid you have carbon build up from 1000+ rounds at one time...horrible to clean.

I'm being optimistic, looks like a great weapon system. The Marine Corps needs a new assault rifle, and I wouldn't mind a 6.8 round either.

-Cody

6. dosei

dosei

Remington ACR = for Military & LEO

Bushmaster ACR = for Civilians

7. turnerjasonm

turnerjasonm

I just found a reason to get my class III. Who's the lucky young guy in the second video. Looks like a cool job.

8. mixflip

mixflip

Yeah, the hippie looking kid and the freaky looking neck tattooed girl threw me off at first. I thought it was an airsoft review? I guess from the sounds of it they work for a suppressor company, which is why Remington sent them an ACR for testing? I am just assuming though.