Check out this dim bulb

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by nursetim, Sep 29, 2020.

1. nursetim

nursetim

2. bdcochran

bdcochran

1. The gentleman writes for The Atlantic - that should not be surprising.
    2. I will give a response to not bathing.
    a. if you can lie down and roll in fairly clean dust, it will keep a lot of insects from visiting you.
    b. I researched it. It takes a week of not bathing to have the potentially deadly bacteria accumulate on your skin.
    3. I have had contact with people from a western culture wherein the people work in offices and they do not bathe. They also rarely wash their clothes. They f---g stink to high heaven.
    4. Most of the time you can skip deodorants and special soaps. Just use a soap that contains no perfumes.
    5. If the gentleman goes on a date, I wonder what the reaction of his date is when he discloses that he hasn't taken a bath in 5 years. In the US Army, his lack of bathing would be met with a blanket party.

tom mac, IamtheNRA, flyover and 6 others like this.

3. 1bigK

1bigK

I am guessing that his social life is reduced, and sexual life??? Highly doubtful!

When I was a grunt I one time had to go 18 days without a shower while in the field. The funk got so bad that I forced myself to skip some very valuable sleep to go and do what I could in an icy creek in the middle of February in Korea. ( You have to understand that while in the field you only sleep 4 hours out of 24; 2 hrs late night and 2 hrs in the mid/late afternoon. Sleep becomes very precious.)

That article brings back so many negative memories of morbidly obese, poor-hygiene patients that are on the OR table and being prepped for surgery, and the nurse is finding body cheese in the folds of their skin, and the stench that goes with that. Even the memory makes me retch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IamtheNRA, Inyo Tim, flyover and 7 others like this.
  4. Bradley T

Bradley T

Twenty four hours is long enough!

DonD, Doc Holliday, spork and 2 others like this.
  5. RenoF250

RenoF250

NPR, your tax dollars at work.

Next they will have a genius telling us not to wipe.

I got your biome right here buddy.

Out West, IamtheNRA, Lagamor and 5 others like this.
  6. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Former Marine Grunt. Went a week with no chance of a bath. Wet sticky training area. Couldn’t wait to shower when it was over. Water heaters were wood fired. We didn’t wait. Showered cold just to get the major funk off. Showered again hot later.

But when my daughter was in elementary school they had some wacko hippy chick come in and teach them about saving water.

She told them 99% of the worlds water was salt water and couldn’t be used for drinking.

99% of the fresh water is frozen in the ice caps and can’t be used for drinking.

99% of the liquid fresh water is polluted or in dirty lakes and rivers and can’t be used for drinking.

99% of the clean water is used to grow food and run factories.

So 1% of 1% of 1% of 1% of 1% of all the water in the world that is drinkable and you kids are using it all up by showering.

We had a hard time convincing my daughter about the water cycle and getting her to shower that week.

7. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

I haven’t taken a bath in 5 yrs. (near as I can recall). But shower daily in summer. (Often outside solar shower in summer) I don’t think I have gone a week without shower unless camping. (And then spit shower, swimming...)

8. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

I bet he doesn't get invited much

nursetim and 1bigK like this.
  9. 1bigK

1bigK

I am thinking that he isn’t dating much either, let alone ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nursetim likes this.
  10. DAKA

DAKA

It certainly gives you less opportunity to... pee in the shower....

Inyo Tim, nursetim, flyover and 3 others like this.
  11. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

I call it the Appalachian Trail Repellent. You start out using bug dope every day until eventually you just don't need it anymore because the bugs aren't biting you any longer.

mike from st pe, nursetim and Tvov like this.
  12. Wojo88

Wojo88

Classic snowflake who has been sucking on a tail pipe far too long. "These" people always choose a specific topic to fantasize about then write a paper using eloquent words to show they are a intellectual person of knowledge. Classic example of a soy boy who was not breast fed as an infant. He just hasn't realized yet that he smells like chit and has a colony of an unidentified fungus growing on his head....................

13. Aurora

Aurora

Ah, the stories I can tell.....

Patrolling schools like Ranger or some of the Recondo schools had a person walking around with a thick layer of slime on them. One class had only 12 people graduate so they invited their families to come out for the closing ceremony. I recall one guy's young daughter scream "They all stink" at the top of her lungs. I had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing.

I did a lot of LRRP style missions in the jungles and rain forests of Central America. You got a shower when it rained so it wasn't too bad. Even so, your uniform started to get a slimy feel to it after a while.

There were times that we had civilians or LE with us and they would whine about the conditions. I always liked to use the line from The Cross of Iron; "The mixture of dirt and body oil makes one waterproof."

Good times.

V.

Out West, ZekerMan, Jump and 3 others like this.
  14. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

15. rtk

rtk

After a week at Boy Scout camp not showering the mosquitoes pretty much left us alone.

16. rtk

rtk

After a week at Boy Scout camp not showering the mosquitoes pretty much left us alone.

mike from st pe likes this.
  17. rtk

rtk

mike from st pe likes this.
  18. Renoc

Renoc

no surprises here, I also would not be surprised if this is not part of the Green New Deal. Saving water, shower cops, all to save humanity. We won't save ourselves so they have to. Children will be part of this. Teachers will ask the children " did your parents shower last night or this morning"
    This election is critical. unless you have seen third world countries and how people simply exist in some countries you really have little idea of how humanity can get by or survive, or for that matter what other humans are capable of doing to other humans.

Grumpy_old_man and nursetim like this.
  19. WayneJessie

WayneJessie

I knew a college professor 30 years ago who was teaching the same thing. He’d rant at his students about how they were killing themselves by bathing. I really think the guy had mental health issues and yes, he smelled like a rutting skunk.

20. Schrag4

Schrag4

That’s only because bathing is a social construct! It has nothing to do with the fact the 99.99% of the population is naturally repulsed by the smell, with many losing their lunch. Those people must just be bigots!

nursetim likes this.