Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
live free or die
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I’ve been setting up my S&W M&P 15-22 to replicate my ‘real’ AR-15 as close as I can without breaking the bank... I’d been trying to find a section of S&W railed forearm so I could attach it to my M&P to replicate my ‘real’ AR’s ‘rifle length’ rail... well I finally did when a friend of mine decided to cut his M&P’s rail down to replicate a ‘carbine length’ rail...

I got the section of rail from him & trimmed it up a bit... I attached it using epoxy & 4 Bic ink-pen housings wedged into the channels found inside the S&W rail... it turned out VERY secure!

The rail on my M&P is now ‘rifle length’ & matches my ‘real’ AR’s!

Here’s a crappy cell pic as my digital cam took a dump:

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
looks awesome! what kind of sights do you have on them? i've been thinking of adding some fold down's for my M&P.

·
live free or die
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! The sights are Troy's... I already had them laying around so they cost me nothing up front.

·
Registered
15,542 Posts
I wish you could hint with a semi auto in PA a nice 5 round mag for hunting and a 30 rounder for the range would make that the PREFECT gun for my kid...

·
live free or die
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What kind of red dot? Real Aimpoint or primary arms clone?
It's neither... I was going to go with a PA clone for my 15-22 but decided to go with the Walther P22 red-dot instead... my reason was that the major failures I read/heard about with the otherwise solid PA clones was that the switches can give out... the Walther P22 red-dot is an Aimpoint clone in just about aspects except that it utilizes the WAY more proven side rotary switch that you find on most red-dots out there.

I'm either going to get a M&P 15-22,or a Ruger Charger.Let us know how you like it.
Oh I’ve had my S&W M&P 15-22 for a long while now... it’s a GREAT gun... so great in fact that I sold off all of my Ruger 10-22's as this 15-22 did everything they could do plus give me more practice with the AR platform... I even use it for hunting.

·
Registered
139 Posts
It's neither... I was going to go with a PA clone for my 15-22 but decided to go with the Walther P22 red-dot instead... my reason was that the major failures I read/heard about with the otherwise solid PA clones was that the switches can give out... the Walther P22 red-dot is an Aimpoint clone in just about aspects except that it utilizes the WAY more proven side rotary switch that you find on most red-dots out there.

Oh I’ve had my S&W M&P 15-22 for a long while now... it’s a GREAT gun... so great in fact that I sold off all of my Ruger 10-22's as this 15-22 did everything they could do plus give me more practice with the AR platform... I even use it for hunting.
Thanks brother.:cool:

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Nicely done... I like for my rimfire AR to mimic my centerfire AR as well.

·
Registered
24,005 Posts
I was the range officer last Saturday for a Hunter Education class. One of the older students was shooting a S&W. No malfunctions in the cold temps and accuracy was fantastic. Very impressed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts