Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm amazed at how many threads there are that talk about cheating and being friends with women that may go to far etc. Now I'm still newlyish married, but as you go along are there really that many forward women? Is this really what our society has become? Does nobody respect marriage anymore? Or is it all Internet bs

·
Banned
5,038 Posts
its 50/50

im married , second marriage . and its goes both ways . the way i think is , there is so many damn people now , and the internet , people are meeting thousands more people everyday that back in the 80ties when i was in high school you only knew folks in your town ,

now you can get to know countless. i dont envy anyone under the age of 40 period.

·
FAHRENHEIT
7,261 Posts
There REALLY are that many forward women.

I have no problem with that, but even jaded old me has to raise an eyebrow at some of the things that come out of some women's mouths.

And I've experimented enough to know they are not all just talk. I suspect many on here have had the same experience.

And no; I am not married. But some of the women were. Something I have done, not something I am proud of.........

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
This is nothing new, you just hear about it more because of the technology. Being a nurse you come across quite a number of people. You would be surprised by some of the stories that the senior citizens tell, both male & female. They were the wholesome bunch that everyone thinks they were!

·
Registered
58 Posts
is cheating that really big of a deal nowadays? monogamy is something that really doesnt mean that much anymore..

Yes, it is a very big deal nowadays, at least in my eyes.

And monogamy is a word that ranks right up there with other words like Character, Integrity and Honor.

All, unfortunately, are in very short supply these days.

·
NRA Benefactor
1,496 Posts
is cheating that really big of a deal nowadays? monogamy is something that really doesnt mean that much anymore..
That would all depend on each individual and thier upbringing/life experiences. To some, yes, it is a big deal, others, not so much.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I think 33% is internet BS, and the other 67% is directly correlated with alcohol consumption of both parties.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I'm amazed at how many threads there are that talk about cheating and being friends with women that may go to far etc. Now I'm still newlyish married, but as you go along are there really that many forward women? Is this really what our society has become? Does nobody respect marriage anymore? Or is it all Internet bs
Over the course of your marriage, you'll be presented with opportunities to cheat on your spouse. Even if you aren't looking for them, you'll have at least one. You could possibly get away with it and only two people would know. Maybe. However, that decision will say a lot about your character.

One of the things about being deployed was to see most of the folks cheating, but then we'd get back and everyone act like it never happened. A lot of times it wasn't Just the guys deploying either.

·
Banned
1,718 Posts
One of the things about being deployed was to see most of the folks cheating, but then we'd get back and everyone act like it never happened. A lot of times it wasn't Just the guys deploying either.

Ugh... please edit.:upeyes:

·
Registered
16,857 Posts
*Some* women could care less if the dude they are interested in is married because they'll put the responsibility on him; it's HIS marriage. He would be the one trashing the vows. These are women that just want sex. These are women that hang out in bars.

*Some* women care very much if the man they took a liking to is married and they'll take ownership of this issue and respectfully avoid unnecessary contact. These are women you may work with, that you've developed a good rapport with. These are women that can easily find an appropriate suitor.

·
Glock Sportsman
1,363 Posts
Yes, it is a very big deal nowadays, at least in my eyes.

And monogamy is a word that ranks right up there with other words like Character, Integrity and Honor.

All, unfortunately, are in very short supply these days.
I agree.:cool:

·
Banned
1,718 Posts
*Some* women could care less if the dude they are interested in is married becasue they'll put the responsibility on him; it's HIS marriage. He would be the one trashing the vows. These are women that just want sex. These are women that hang out in bars.

*Some* women care very much if the man they took a liking to is married and they'll take ownership of this issue and respectfully avoid unnecessary contact. These are women you may work with, that you've developed a good rapport with. These are women that can easily find an appropriate suitor.

Well... I'll be damned! :rofl::rofl: Who are these *some* women you speak of?:dunno:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
it goes both ways...I work as a nurse and you would be suprised what comes out of some womens mouths...both the ones married and not married. Also, I think everyone would be shocked how many "swinger" couples there are out there too.

·
Obie Wan, RIP
10,923 Posts
Tell that to my wife.

She made it clear from the beginning cheating was the one thing guaranteed to end our marriage. Her first husband was a serial cheater and she stayed with him far too long. I told her it wouldn't be an issue and meant it then and now almost 12 years later.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
Why get married then, why take and make the vows, why speak the promises during the vows? Maybe to you it doesn't mean much but to many it does. Trust a valued thing, you should never give your word if you don't intend to keep it.

·
Frisky!
35,968 Posts
So many unmarried troopers.
So little time.
:supergrin::supergrin:

1 - 20 of 109 Posts