close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

cheap things that save you tons of money

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by glockdoc21, Mar 20, 2013.

1. somebodybuymeaglock

somebodybuymeaglock

Coupons. I love FREE stuff.
    Buying a 1996 jeep and doing most of the repairs myself.

2. vettely

vettely

3. CBennett

CBennett

Ive asked for one...my wife says why you dont smoke..and this was what I told here(what you said) she has those smelly candles, we use the longer type ones to start the backyard chiminea thingy..I said I could basically run a Zippo forever for as much as we use one for the cost of the lighter and a can of fluid lol...probably last me a lifetime.

And if you shoot reloading equipment..depending on how much you shoot you will 100% be able to shoot cheaper and you WILL be able to shoot more(because you can reload ammo cheaper)

I always try to go with QUALITY also..id rather spend a few more bucks on something I know will be good and last a long time or has a good warranty..than skimp get the cheaper thing that is not as good/wont last as long(again from the Zippo thing...buying a Zippo and a can of fluid VS buying 100 dollar store "bic type" lighters..ones gonna work forever reliably the other you know will probably work for a while but who knows lol..all you know is you will need more eventually :) .

Oh my Tracphone VS a "regular" plan...I pay $99 a year for my cell phone and last year even with surfing the web,texts, and calling regularly I still had 400+ minutes left on my plan...I think I started out with about 1600 minutes...same this year I had 1600 or so in October I still have 1300 right now.

and as said coupons...wifes always clipping them :)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  4. Bruce M

Bruce M

My gas siphon hose saves me plenty. Crack instead of good powder blow and street walkers instead of Charlie Sheen level goddesses saves a subtantial amount too.

And finally while I prefer the home field advantage three or four times a week I take of it at work saving water and paper.

5. MulletLoad

MulletLoad

Picked the right wife.

After nearly 23 years, the cost has been much cheaper than returning a defective one and the outlay has been more cost effective than renting ;)

6. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

Walking 2 miles per day.

Moderate exercise costs nothing and can help save you from truly nightmarish medical experiences and costs down the road.

7. VinnieD

VinnieD

A few things I do to save money. Some are more extreme than others.

Low flow shower head. It takes some getting used to, but it cuts both water and electric bills since you'll need to reheat less water.

Line drying clothing. Sunshine and wind will get the job done just as quickly as a dryer, and as an added bonus, tumbling clothes in a dryer actually damages them. The clothes last longer if they're line dried.

Repair small tears and damage rather than throwing a garment out. Learn to do a little basic stitching. If it's beyond repair, demote it or cut it up for rags and patches. For instance T shirts get demoted to undershirts, casual pants get demoted to work pants which get demoted to house pants, then they can be demoted to cleaning rags and repair material.

This is going to shock some people but you don't need to do laundry every day, and some things don't need to be washed every time you wear them. Pants can go 3 days to a week depending on your own bio chemistry (some people stink them up faster than others), and as long as you don't get anything on them. Button down shirts can go 2 or 3 days, T shirts can go at least 2 days (If you wear an undershirt) but undergarments you should certainly wash every time.

Wear an undershirt. Aside from helping to prevent plumber's crack and gut droop, an undershirt serves to keep sweat and oils off of your better shirts.

Save grocery bags. They have tons of uses. You can use them for carrying things, packing your lunch, packing material for shipping things, separating trash for recycling, and in a pinch they're really quite flammable.

8. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

Getting the milk for free, instead of buying the cow.

9. dango

dango

That would be one usefull item on the ole "Prepers" list..! I got three fire places and when the power goes out ,which it always does , Whilst others are rubbin sticks together and blowin on "tampons" and such , ...Flick the "BIC"..(POOF)..Fire!:tongueout: :supergrin:

10. railfancwb

railfancwb

Oh, wow!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

11. countrygun

countrygun

The small batch automated jelly maker we bought. With our own berries and fruit we can put up small batches as things ripen. with a special needs daughter t home that love jelly we paid for it in less than one summer.

Same with Canning equipment.

If you want to get real cheap.

Egg cartons, the fiberboard not Styrofoam type, dryer lint and left over paraffin. Fire starters for the fire place. Small money, but free none the less.

Plastic take-out food container with clear tops as mini-greenhouses for seedlings. Offsets buying the take out in the winter.

Most of my little "savers" are aimed at specific hobbies or trades.

OH and one Freebie that can save a ton of money,

the phrase

"Speak to my attorney"

12. 2bgop

2bgop

Winner! Thread over...

13. racerford

racerford

Some true, some not.

By continuing smoking, he will die younger, think of all the money saved on food, clothes, housing. If he does it right, there won't be medical costs. This will also reduce social security payments, so we all are better off. Also may not need to save for retiremnet at all.

One reason we have all of the social security and medicare future shortfalls, is because people are living healthier and smoking less, and living longer. When it went into effect average life expectancy for men was right at social security age or a bit less. For black men it was a lot less. I say, have them smoke more, drink more, and use dangerous drugs more. Instead of social security and medicare for those that can't afford to live past working age, we should go with an elderly Logan's Run type thing, you know like Obamacare. :whistling:

:supergrin:
    :wavey:

14. wrczx3

wrczx3 Jerry

I bought myself a $90.00 coffee maker and make my own coffee at home now. I was spending atleast 100.00 a month at Dunkin Donuts before.

15. vettely

vettely

They do have some good coffee.

16. JerryVO

JerryVO

I had the same thought 3 years ago when I switched to DE shaving until I really got the bug and now have 5 razors, 3 brushes, and more soaps and oils than I can count. No net savings there.

For me savings came in the way of a nice pen. I use to go through a pack of pens a month because I would leave them everywhere and lose them. 2 years ago for Christmas someone got me a nice $50 pen and I still have it. I have almost eliminated my entire pen budget.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

17. NMG26

NMG26

So does the 40 dollar Sam's Club card save you money?

I got one and it seems to save money on items I buy all the time........Coffee, Dog food, snacks, ect.........

18. volky

volky NRA Member Millennium Member

I see what you did there. :rofl:

19. mac66

mac66 Huge Member Millennium Member

4 Money Saving Tips...

1.Just think of all the money you would save if all you ate is dog food? And you can wear the bag as clothes.

2. Fire instead of razor blades or haircuts. A good second or third degree burn will keep those pesky hairs from growing back.

3. Live under a rock. Dig a hole and you're good to go.

4. Alcohol or drug addiction is cheaper than having to buy clothes to go to work, gas up a car, spend money on a mortgage, rent, car payment, insurance, medical costs or pay taxes. People stop bothering you for loans. The more you drink, the less expense you have. Once you become homeless, you are debt free. Back to the simple life.

20. wrczx3

wrczx3 Jerry

I agree that it can be good but it is way too inconsistant. I make my own the same way every day and I think it is even better than Dunks.