Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Get

As I think I saw someone recommend earlier, get a Glock 44 for a second gun. You will be able to work and the basics such as racking, aiming, trigger control, sight picture, etc. and do it for about 5 cents a round instead of 40 cents a round. Everything works the same on the Glock 44 as the Glock 17 and it's the same size as a Glock 19.
Where do you find decent 22lr at a nickel a round? The cheapest I see on Ammo seek is about 10cpr to 20cpr or more for brands like CCI mini mags

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Best thing I have found to do was to lock the guns in the safe. Then I bought a couple pcp air rifles and went and had fun. I tell you those powder burners may stay locked away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
243 Posts
Where do you find decent 22lr at a nickel a round? The cheapest I see on Ammo seek is about 10cpr to 20cpr or more for brands like CCI mini mags
Walmart, bought 1000 rounds Friday at 5.7 cents a round plus tax of course. Not mini mags although they did have some CCI different ammos. These are Federal Auto Match and they are great for plinking and target shooting at that price.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Our Walmart will only sell you two boxes of whatever .22lf you want. That's 200 rds maximum. Wish they could do better.
Ours sells 325 and 333 round boxes, three limit. So you can get almost a thousand rounds at a time. Or you can get 150 rounds of the cci if you want. The limits are a good thing. If there was no limit, the first person there would buy it all, and you would never have a chance at getting anything.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Btw, I've shot a zillion rounds of steel cased tula. Tons of aluminum cased stuff as well. It's all fine. If you can find it, don't turn your nose up and pass it by.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Ours will sell you 3 boxes and the Federal is in boxes of 325 rounds so almost 1000 rounds.
Our dumb Walmart hasn't had the 325 boxes of 22lr for a year I bet. Maybe soon though if ya'll are already getting them.
Ours has been selling them for at least the last 3 months. I started looking there again when my Academy never had any 22lr and they still don't have much. What they do have they are trying to sell for 12+ cents a round and some stuff I never heard of (called Norma and is Swedish) for 20 cents a round. It is not flying off of the shelf either. I told the guy I would give him a nickel a round for it because he said he had a store room full of it....he said, "stand by" ! hahaha

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
That is about the lowest new brass 9 mm price on ammoseek currently. The one large independent LGS is priced $20-22 per 50 here currently. Academy Sports had some 9 mm on the shelf yesterday. Blazer aluminum for $14/50 and Federal for $17/50. I'm not buying, just checking in on the trends and looking for primers and powder to come back. They had a few boxes of Hornady 38/357 and 44 caliber projectiles for the first time in ~18 months.
The prices are coming down, so buy what you need and wait for them to get lower before backing up the truck.

·
PPD
177 Posts
Yes, and WM CEO Doug McMillion don't answer emails complaining about it either.
I wouldn't expect a CEO to answer complaint emails.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
I'm trying to find cheap FMJ bulk ammo for practice when I get my first gun (Glock 17 gen 5 FS). any recommendation?
Yes, reload. If you will be in competition you will need to shoot and practice. Reloading you will get three or four times more bang for the buck.

I have been reloading since 1982, great hobby indeed.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'd probably hold off on reloads until you see how much you really end up shooting. Right now components are hard to buy just like ammo and what you can find is pretty expensive too. And, you must purchase all of the equipment and learn what you are doing. Then you have to convince yourself that you are going to be willing to crawl around on your hands and knees after you shoot and pick up the brass to reuse. That's what every reloader I know does to keep the costs down.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts