Chased a 'busa to work today.

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by DaisyCutter, Apr 18, 2007.

1. DaisyCutter

DaisyCutter Guest

I had a bike approach from behind me this morning on the way to work, and I could tell from the headlight configuration that it was a Suzuki. After following me in the HOV lane for a minute he opened it up a bit and passed me, and I tucked in behind him (wanting to watch the busa some more). We played a little cat-n-moused in the open areas of the freeway and chased each other for about 10 minutes. I only got the better (ahead) of him once early on and after that he started riding too aggressive for me to wanna try to "out-do" him. He could really make that buse dance.

Here's a piccy I snapped on my camera phone. It's really danm hard to use a flip-phone with gloves and 90mph wind buffeting. BTW, that's my red ZRX windscreen, gloved finger, and mirror post partially obscuring the pic, sorry. The busa dude had just shifted out a couple lanes to overtake the horse-trailer in the HOV lane, I followed a couple seconds later.

[​IMG]

He's closer than what appears in the piccy. If you look at the lines across the road and scale using the bike length, you can estimate distance. I think he was about 30' away by the time I snapped the pic.

2. whogasak47

whogasak47 JPFO-GOA

You are making my decision to get a photo-phone so much easier.
    Good Luck and Ride Safe:thumbsup:
    Maybe he is a GTer also and we get to see the reverse of your photo
    tomorrow:)

3. DaisyCutter

DaisyCutter Guest

Maybe, he had a Maryland license plate and appeared to be a skilled rider (though a bit daring for my taste). He's probably on a forum somewhere.

4. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

I'll leave this one alone. Ride safely...

5. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Did you give him the wheelie-for-safety salute?

6. Lone Wolff

Lone Wolff Tire World...

You can ride the HOV lane without a passenger?

Just curiosity on my part. We don't have enough traffic to even have HOV lanes on what few freeways we have.

7. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

State laws may differ but any highway that receives Federal funding (which should be 100%) that warrants an HOV lane must make it accessible to motorcycle. Apparently the State of New York thinks otherwise and a lady is fighting her HOV lane ticket for the last couple of years on this. Federal stipulations are very clear. If a state were to build a highway with its own fund and with no Fed money, then it can do whatever it wants.

8. Razoreye

Razoreye ♥♥Adorkable!♥♥

What phone is that? The clarity is pretty damned nice for a camera phone. A bit dangerous or risky I'd say, but it ain't me doin' the ridin' there.

9. DaisyCutter

DaisyCutter Guest

My phone is a LG VX8300. The impression that I got was that it was a small upgrade from the basic "free" phones that you get when you sign up for service. My sole criteria for selecting it was that it had a decent battery (according to the salesman).

[​IMG]

10. ZZR guy

ZZR guy

My wife and I have the 8300 and they are great phones.

11. Ol' Dirty

Ol' Dirty

Most of the pictures in my photo album contain mirror stems in the corner. Nice work.

12. SouthTexasrep

SouthTexasrep

my ex-girlfriend use to have that phone. The clairty on that camera is crazy, especially for the size.