Chase with stolen UPS truck in Florida ends with shootout, fatalities

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by wreckless, Dec 5, 2019.

1. PSUEng

PSUEng

Anyone have photos of Lamar Alexander, 41, and Ronnie Jerome Hill, 41, both of Miami-Dade County?

they posted photos of the UPS driver...

2. illrooster132

illrooster132

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local...spects-in-ups-car-chase-and-shooting/2159547/
    SO they had criminal history. what and why were they waiting for this to happen to take action against this animals. ??????????? . who was the judge that decided to let them out ? can he be prosecuted too? why some innocent people have to pay for some ones mistake of not keeping them out of society . just make them disappear . and now they leave off springs that will likely end up doing the same. God I hate the way they like to live like roaches of the world.!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSUEng and Ofc.JL like this.

3. Ofc.JL

Ofc.JL

End result will be huge Lawsuits against Maimi-Dade, and several Officers will be Castigated, Disciplined and some fired.
    And the take away from all that will be if you as an Officer are fired upon these days, do not return fire. Sad, but true.
    Don't misunderstand, I have full sympathies for the Driver and Civilian killed, and do not disagree with the Officer returning fire, as the armed Perps in Traffic had not been stopped, could have easily gotten another hostage. When the Perps opened fire, it was on, period. The Officers did the best they could, given the Charlie Foxtrot of a situation. Long shooting engagements in the Public domain must be shut down ASAP. What Officers have seconds to decide, can and will take years for people to analyze and decide what happened, right or wrong.
    Prayers for the Families that lost a Love one, their Christmas and lives will be forever ruined. God bless the Officers, and I hope the Perps rot in H*ll!

pjanthony likes this.
  4. wreckless

wreckless

A supervisor has to plan ahead. Create a funnel towards spike strips on a section of road cleared of innocent bystanders. The supervisor needs to try to control the situation and not merely react to it. That is why you get paid the big bucks and wear the brass. Then you can handle it like a hostage situation at a distance.

pag23, redrick and Maccabeus like this.
  5. illrooster132

illrooster132

I don't blame the officers. I blame the scum bags that caused all this. from their parents that allowed this criminals to live. to the criminal justice that allowed them to be free, hard working people had to pay the price.
    and this is a reason that I wonder what kind of animals are we. ???they take no regard to human life over a couple of dollars.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  6. Maccabeus

Maccabeus

+100

Obviously, no one was taking charge. Way too many officers. Probably way too many agencies.

It's hard to stay calm (& wise) after a chase. Harder still when chasing armed, violent felons. Hardest of all when they are shooting at you. But that doesn't justify a total disregard for a plan or for the safety of others. You don't sling a magazine full of lead at an offender if your partner is standing right behind him. You don't use civilians as cover or as a backstop.

A supervisor (or more) failed miserably to bring some order to that response.

While nothing on the scale of that video, I've done felony stops with large numbers of officers or multi-jurisdiction chases and I've done them with just a few officers from my own squad that I knew well. Given the choice, I'd always choose the latter. Crowd mentality is never a good thing. Even among trained professionals.

PSUEng, redrick, Sfaql and 1 other person like this.
  7. B C

B C

AP19340695417861.jpg

FullClip likes this.
  8. ClydeG19

ClydeG19

On a side note, I’ve got a Christmas present for my wife en route from Florida via UPS. They better not have jacked her Vera Bradley lunch bag in Dream Diamonds. It’s probably all full of holes now. How’s my wife’s yogurt supposed to stay cold?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  9. JohnnyE

JohnnyE

10. wreckless

wreckless

11. amd65

amd65

If a policeman uses your car for concealment (with you in it) while shooting at bad guys who are shooting back, are you allowed to drive over them?

GWSHARK and PSUEng like this.
  12. PSUEng

PSUEng

Ah here we go. Black career criminals let go by most likely white judges. But it’s not their fault, they are victims of white oppression, etc.

I feel for the UPS driver and innocent killed. The cops did not have control of the situation, the judge that let these scumbags on the street should be sent to prison. So many things lead to this. Terrible.

redrick and B C like this.
  13. PSUEng

PSUEng

Ah here we go. Black career criminals let go by most likely white judges. But it’s not their fault, they are victims of white oppression, etc.

I feel for the UPS driver and innocent killed. The cops did not have control of the situation, the judge that let these scumbags on the street should be sent to prison. So many things lead to this. Terrible.

B C likes this.
  14. legalsten

legalsten

15. illrooster132

illrooster132

somehow I cannot let this go. it hit so close to home. I've been very mad the whole day . I fell like I'VE LOST RESPECT FOR HUMAN NATURE. the guy had just started the route and was only 27 years old with a kid. I just hope the tequila knocks me out and get some sleep.

16. B C

B C

He had two little girls, 6 and 3. I've been thinking about the incident all day.

redrick likes this.
  17. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

At what point does a vehicle pursuit morph into an active shooter situation? When the suspect throws one round while traveling down the road? Does it make a difference if that round actually hits a person or just flys off harmlessly into the void?

Something to think about.

18. Agent6-3/8

Agent6-3/8

Horrible situation and outcome...Certainly raises lots of questions about how to handle a situation like that tactically. I think the only answer is to get ahead of the pursuit and try to funnel the it into a spot where it can be stopped and contained. Hopefully from there the it can be handled like a hostage situation with a positive ending or at minimum mitigate danger to bystanders. Of course that's much easier said than done.

Prayers for all involved and affected by this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

First, a failure to develop discipline. Second, a failure in supervision onscene. Finally, an utter lack of understanding of just WTF our priorities are, displayed by some of the cops participating.

Effing clown shoes on so many levels.

20. Nacho Man

Nacho Man

In this footage you can see a bullet go whipping by at 0:19 and the innocent bystander car sitting behind the red suv. When the guy filming comes back up after ducking, the dark sedan possibly a crown vic slows to a stop nearby to his left and police check on the guy.
    Poor bastard

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019