close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Chase Freedom $300 Free Credit card offer?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by fran m, Jan 24, 2012.

1. fran m

fran m

I keep getting offers from Chase that if I get their credit card I will be credited $300 in the form of a check or points. This will be credited I within eight weeks I think it said.

Are there any catches to this? My plan would be to get the credit card, make a purchase, pay it off and then collect the $300.

Is this too good to be true?

I have good credit, don't need the card but have trouble saying "no" to free cash.

2. cgwahl

cgwahl Sheriffs a near

It is what it is...haven't seen $300 before...but have gotten $100 (and I think $150) ones in the past and they paid off.

You're probably expected to spend $500 or $1000 within 3 months though.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012

3. Gregg702

Gregg702 Gold Member

Look at the fine print. Are there annual fees? A minimum that needs to be spent before you get the $300?

4. 427

From my experiences with Chase CC, I'd advise not opening an account with them.

5. CrookCounty

CrookCounty Trolling Noob

Deleted

6. CrookCounty

CrookCounty Trolling Noob

http://slickdeals.net/?cno=142558

*** ZERO annual fee

*** Spending $500 in the first three months will earn you 30,000 bonus points which you can redeem for the $300 check

*** 5% cash back on select purchases

*** Up to an additional 10% cash back when you shop online via select merchants through Chase

*** Once you have a Chase Freedom card, you can sign up for an Ultimate Rewards account and save 10% to 20% off select gift cards. Choose from merchants such as Macy's, AMC Theaters, Bath & Body Works, Gap, Kohl's, and more. Offer ends January 4, 2012 - https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.j...m-giftcard

7. glockthirtyFN57

glockthirtyFN57

ive never had a credit card... and $300 is not enough to rope me into a whirlwind of monthly credit card company lashings

8. jhall

jhall

You missed the good deal. Just before Christmas they offered $500 in points for signing up and making a purchase.

My wife and I both signed up. Both got 50,000 points each and used them on Amazon gift cards which were 20% off. We banked $1200 for spending $3.

Bought a surround sound with it!!

Edit to add we've since cancelled the cards.

9. hagar

hagar Millennium Member

Yup, signed up for a Chase card with no foreign currency fees, spent about $3000 in South Africa in December, and got $500 back in points. I already got the check. Unlike some other moochers I value a card that thought my business was worth this much, and will keep using it.:cool:

10. jhall

jhall

Looks like you can still sign up for it.

Chase Southwest Card

If anyone is interested I have more specific instructions on this deal. I, my wife, my parents, my in laws, and sisters have all cashed in on this deal.

11. cphilip

cphilip

I've had a chase card for some years now. Didn't take it out with them, they simply ended up purchasing out banks and my account to end up with it. I started out with it as a business use card through Pay Pal (I forget the original bank) and through a series of mergers Chase ended up with it. It is a Chase Slate. I personally have never had a single problem with them at all. I pay mine off regularly and mostly will use it by taking advantage of the Promotional Check rates etc if I use it for more than a monthly pay off. Not had any issues with Chase. Their security system, fraud notifications, replacement of cards when needed and their handling of disputed charges have been perfect. They even fixed an error in payment dates with no penalty when it was my fault one time when I changed my set up of my online payment and mistakenly had it set up to pay a day late. They waved it. Even though it was my fault. I just simply have had no problem with Chase at all.

12. JohnBT

JohnBT NRA Benefactor

Dang it, I just threw one of those in the trash without opening it. It was addressed to my 87-year-old mother who lives in a nursing home 100 miles away and has end-stage Alzheimer's.

I guess Chase is making money or they wouldn't do it. Me? I'm too lazy to bother with the application.

John

13. fran m

fran m

I did it over the phone, 5 minutes.

I won't fall into the whirlwind of credit card debt. I am just going to take advantage of the free cash.

14. boomhower

boomhower

I have a Freedom card and love it. Between the rotating categories and the rewards mall you can rack up quite a bit of cash in rebates. There is nothing wrong with credit cards, if you can't control your spending that's not their fault. I rack up quite a few hundred dollars a year in rewards for spending money I would have anyways. Plus purchase protection and free extended warranties are awesome bonuses too.(Amex)

15. macville

macville

I got one of them last fall because at the time it was simply get $300 back after your first purchase. Heck, that $300 paid for Christmas! But we also pay off our credit card each month and that makes a difference.

16. sappy13

sappy13

A couple months ago when i was looking to get my second credit card i looked into chase because they had a 200 or 250 dollar offer. Everything seemed good, except the minimum interest rate was more than I wanted. With that card, the lowest you can go is 11.99. I really wanted the cash for just spending money id already be spending, but I know since I plan to keep the card i get for a long time, if not life, then 300 dollars really isnt much money. Instead I looked into Navy Federal. With them I did not get any free money for signing up, but I did get a 9.65% interest rate and a much much higher credit limit than I was expecting. I am extremely happy with my decision. My other card was the same way. I went USAA for my first credit card and got no sign on bonus, but the service is exceptional, plus I love the checking account I got around the same time with them. Nothing beats taking a picture of a paycheck for deposits.

Even though I went for a card with a super low possible interest rate, I dont pay interest and hope I never have to. I have been very responsible since I got my first credit card and treated it like a checking account, only spending money I have. So Interest really doesnt matter to me right now, but I like the feeling of knowing if I ever have an emergency and have to spend money I dont have, I will be paying a low rate. I guaruntee the saving I get from that difference in interest rate will easily payout more over the life of the card than a measly 300 bucks. I could have just gotten it, used it till I got the money and left it sitting there, but i dont like the idea of having a credit card just sitting there in the corner. No point to me since you have to have a card for a long time before you can close it and not take a hit on credit score.