Charter Arms Southpaw

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by chance3290, Jul 20, 2007.

1. chance3290

chance3290 Fear Dli

OK Kids, I am told that there is a Southpaw waiting for me to pick up tomorrow (July 21th). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is a decent gun.
    I bought an Undercover for the wife (now ex) way back when and it was a pretty decent shooter.
    Why buy this gun? Who knows. I've been shooting revolvers since the 70s and learned to do a pretty fast reload. BUT ITS A LEFT-HAND REVOLVER!!!

2. rooster31

rooster31

i've been looking for one of those too, please let me know how it looks, shoots, etc.

3. itstime

itstime

I'm a lefty that hasn't found one either. Please do a follow-up on how this piece is. I've been on the lookout and some of my sources haven't been able to get one.

I searched Gunbroker a little while ago and didn't come up with anything.

I'll be watching this thread.

4. chance3290

chance3290 Fear Dli

Well, fit and finish seem on par with regular Charter Arms. All I can do is dry-fire and that seems ok. One thing I don't like is the trigger width. Its too wide for a snub-nose.
    And the chambers are very tight. They might need a little honing.
    All in all I glad I got to be the first kid on my block with a SouthPaw.:banana: :banana:

5. Jeepnik

Jeepnik

Got one when they came out. Also, the first kid on my block. A bit rough new, but after a good cleaning and lubing, and several hundred rounds it's smoothed out nicely. Thinking about bobbing the hammer, never shoot it single action, anyway.

Once again, lots of fun at the range. Folks just can't figure it out.:supergrin: