Charter Arms Bulldog

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by centurion, Apr 5, 2010.

1. centurion

centurion

Just picked up a bulldog for 250 bux. It is in good shape. Never shot one but wanted one for a while. How does recoil compare to a snub .38? thanks

2. LVshooter

LVshooter

I am assuming it is in .44 Special. I had one years ago with a 3 inch barrel. I also think they made it with a 2.5 inch barrel. I never had a "mechanical" problem with mine. I had problems shooting it one handed with my weak hand. A lot of problem. So bad that I barely passed my CCW shooting test with it. I remember scoring a 72% with that gun and scoring about 97% with my other 5 guns. I eventually sold it because I was not confident with it.
    Obviously that was only my experience though.
    I would have to say it is harder to shoot well than a .38 snubbie. MY OPINION only.

3. Caver 60

Caver 60

Got two in 44 special. One has a factory bobbed hammer. Had them since the early 80's. But it's also been a couple of decades since I've shot them.

I don't recall any particular problems with them, but obviously you're going to have some recoil with one. I like the caliber and power of them very much, but don't like the five shot limitation.

Sounds like you got a good buy. I don't know much about the newer models.