Glock Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
3,694 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Tooele Shooting Supply has Pitbull 45's, found them on Armlist, made the purchase on their website. They charged a very reasonable $9.95 to ship from Utah to east coast. Looks like their selling for $420 now, I believe I paid a few dollars less in June.
The revolver is a fun gun to shoot. It really is a light gun, it fits in a 38 snubbie pocket holster I have. I'm trying to figure out a quicker way to reload. You can't just drop 'em in, rounds need to be pushed with a slight twist to seat in the cylinder.

· Registered
907 Posts
I'm trying to figure out a quicker way to reload. You can't just drop 'em in, rounds need to be pushed with a slight twist to seat in the cylinder.
I ended reloading from a magazine. It's a little trickier than using speed strips (strips from .44 SPL work for .45 ACP), and at first I used to drop half of the cartridges on the ground. However, with practice it works fine. A put 12 rounds into a 2-stack magazine from my XD(m), in case I drop a couple. I suppose one could use a 30-rounder from a Tommy gun or M3 Grease Gun too :)

· you savvy?
23,212 Posts
I ended reloading from a magazine. It's a little trickier than using speed strips (strips from .44 SPL work for .45 ACP), and at first I used to drop half of the cartridges on the ground. However, with practice it works fine. A put 12 rounds into a 2-stack magazine from my XD(m), in case I drop a couple. I suppose one could use a 30-rounder from a Tommy gun or M3 Grease Gun too :)
seems you should just carry your XD(m).

· Registered
145 Posts
I'll be picking up mine in September. I have been reviewing the revolver online from several sources/articles It looks like a winner.

· Registered
907 Posts
Putting decent grips on it improved the comfort immensely. At this point the only thing I don't like about the gun is the canted barrel. Selection of holsters is quite poor as well, but hopefully it will improve in the future. Bulldog holsters do not fit by just this little. At least the grips fit. I scored some smooth grips by Custom Wood on eBay, in the original 20 year old box.

Also, I wish Charter designed a lock into the crane. I accidentally put mine left side up and pressed on it -- immediately bent the crane. That was unpleasant, although obviously I mistreated the gun. But I have a little Taurus that has a crane that locks into a little indentation under the barrel. That's more foolproof, the fool being me of course.

Since I got the Pitbull, I fondled a Redhawk at a gun show, which is the gun I wanted originally. Both are in .45 ACP, but Redhawk also accepts .45 Colt. To tell the truth, I was happy I made that choice. Redhawk is an enormously massive gun. I did not realize just how much. Of course it's very sturdy too, and it's a quality piece. Redhawk can shoot anything you can cram into a .45LC case. But I don't want a gun in that class. Also, unless you shoot competition, moon clips are much too bothersome.

· Registered
145 Posts
zaitcev: Thank you for your input. Will the Pachmyer Compac grip for the Charter Arms Bulldog fit this revolver? If so, I will replace them. These are what I have on my '91 stainless steel 3" barreled Bulldog.

Did Charter replace the crane? I hope so. I shall be extremely cautious with the revolver. It is a "carry a lot, shoot a little" handgun that will reside in a shoulder holster that carried my Bulldog for years. the adjustment for the revolver is made of Velcro, so it will fit without any problem. I have carried everything from a 7" 1911 Javalina in 10mm to an S&W concealed-hammer, 2" barreled Airweight in .32 H&R Magnum. (Talk about adjustable)! It works, so I'm not complaining. Obviously I don't wan't to damage a nearly $500.00 revolver.

Any further information would be greatly appreciated.

· Banned
4,110 Posts
I have an old school classic, a 3" 70's vintage Charter 44. It hides, like a snake in the grass, loaded with lead hollowpoints, in a hollowed out book somewhere...

· Registered
145 Posts
OMCHamlin: I like your OTF auto knife too (I'm a collector) I have an 11" American-made picklock stiletto with a 1095 carbon steel blade. I had a professional put a razor sharp edge on it. (Shades of The Devil's Brigade obstacle course scene). "Any one got a knife? (one of the men snaps open an 11" Italian picklock). "Is it sharp"? (He cuts the rope). :alex:

· Registered
907 Posts
Will the Pachmyer Compac grip for the Charter Arms Bulldog fit this revolver? If so, I will replace them. These are what I have on my '91 stainless steel 3" barreled Bulldog.
Being new to Charter, I fretted about it a bit. It appears that any Charter grips go on any Charter revolver, regardless of the caliber. It sounds strange, but apparently it is the case. I bought grips made for an unspecified Charter Arms revolver and they fit perfectly on the Pitbull .45.

· Registered
145 Posts
Being new to Charter, I fretted about it a bit. It appears that any Charter grips go on any Charter revolver, regardless of the caliber. It sounds strange, but apparently it is the case. I bought grips made for an unspecified Charter Arms revolver and they fit perfectly on the Pitbull .45.

Thank you. I would like a set of Compac grips for my Pitbull. I have deposited $465.00 on the revolver (including background check). The wait begins...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.